𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FOURTEEN | WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

AT LOT HAD HAPPENED SINCE KATHERINE WAS EXPELLED FROM ELENA'S BODY. It just so happened that before Katherine headed to the Salvatore house to say goodbye to her daughter, she injected herself with the same ripper virus that Damon had been injected with. So, when Elena woke, she attempted to feed on all of her friends.

Though, Bonnie managed to find a solution. She had been teaching a new witch from Whitmore, Liv, a few spells and had the idea to get Liv to seal Elena into Whitmore everyone went home for Spring Break. It was the safest place for her.

"Hello?" Stefan and Klara lifted themselves up to their feet once they heard the shaky and confused voice of Elena Gilbert prowling the halls. "Hello?"

"Elena, hey." Klara called out to the doppelganger who jumped the moment she heard her voice echo through the empty halls. Stefan and Klara stopped at the threshold of the spell, while Elena sighed if relief. "You're awake."

Elena looked around at the deserted location. She knew that Whitmore was always packed. It didn't make sense to her. "Where is everyone?"

"Everyone's gone. The whole school cleared out for Spring Break." Stefan explained with a light sigh and a shrug before his hands dipped into his pockets again. "You've been in and out since you first woke up."

"Oh. Okay, yeah, that makes sense." Elena started to walk towards, closing the gap between herself and her friends. "I thought I was going crazy." She was soon made aware that she was under the protection of a barrier spell when she was unable to hug Klara. "What's going on? What—"

"Yeah, you're sealed into the building." Klara explained vaguely when she saw Elena's eyes widen fearfully. "Apparently Katherine didn't want to give your body back without one final parting gift. So, she stuck you with the same Ripper virus that's effecting Damon. What's the last thing you remember?"

"Uh." Elena scratched the back of her head in an attempt to remember. "Running through the woods. And, my head felt like it was being attacked by Katherine's whole life. Then I saw Damon, I threw my arms around him. And then— nothing."

"Yeah, that was about three weeks ago."

"Three weeks ago?!" Her mouth gaped open in surprise while the two vampires behind the barrier spell nodded. "Wow. Three weeks huh. And yet, it took just one second for Katherine to infect me with some virus that makes me wanna kill all my friends."

Stefan folded his arms across his chest. "Well, you know Katherine. She's not about to go out without a grand finale."

"Do you two really think this whole lockdown is necessary?" Elena asked, referring to the fact that she was sealed into a building though she seemed perfectly normal. "I mean— I feel fine."