𝐓𝐖𝐎

CHAPTER TWO | NEVER LET ME GO

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE LAST THING KLARA COULD REMEMBER WAS THE SHARP PINCH OF A NEEDLE PLUNGED INTO HER NECK. As her eyes fluttered open, all she could feel was the skin around her wrists burning and her veins cried out for blood due to the amount of vervain in her system. She glanced up at her attacker, the person that she started to bind her wrists with vervain rope, and immediately gasped.

"Enzo?" Klara whispered out in horror. Sure, she had a strained relationship with Enzo and he had been pretty much MIA since the wedding, but Klara never imagined he would do this. "What're you doing to me?"

"Someone killed Malcolm. Lily needs to retaliate." Enzo vaguely explained as he shoved some more rope into vervain water.

"Really? That's odd. I figured my capture would've been Lily, and yet here you are." Klara hissed viciously as she listened to the sizzle of her skin. 

"Look, be happy I'm the one who grabbed you. I don't want to think what would happen if the others did." As Enzo wrapped the vervain rope around Klara's wrist, she cried out in agony. "I am the closest thing you have to a friend in here."

"If you wanna be my friend, you should probably know that I don't like being tied up with vervain rope!" Klara hissed again as he tightened the restraints around her wrists. "Wait. Enzo, that really hurts. Can you loosen them a little? Please."

"God. I hate whiners." The British vampire sighed out as he started to loosen the ropes that bound Klara's wrists to the wooden chair. 

Klara took that as her opportunity. She managed to break free of the ropes and wrapped the vervain rope around his neck to choke up. The blonde viciously headbutted him which caused him to fall backward as she used the remainder of her strength to break the ropes around her ankles. 

Once she got to her feet, she broke the leg off from the chair and glared at Enzo. "Now, deep breath!" She smirked and plunged the make-shift stake into his chest.

He cried out in agony and she sped up the staircase in an attempt to flee the Salvatore house, but Mary-Louise blocked her exit. "Leaving so soon?"

Klara gritted her teeth and sped in the opposite direction, but came face-to-face with Nora. The girl stood wearing Caroline's jacket and a smirk on her face. "I'm wearing your friend's jacket. Though, it's a little large on me."

"It's alright, you two." Enzo sighed tiredly as he ran after Klara. "I've got her."

"Do you?" Mary-Louise raised an eyebrow toward the British man. "Because it certainly doesn't look like it. What's the expression, finders keepers?" She smirked and waved her hand which caused Klara to drop to the floor within seconds.