𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

CHAPTER THREE | BLACK HOLE SUN

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ALL KAI HAD DONE SINCE THEY GOT HIM BACK TO THE SALVATORE HOUSE WAS TALK. Klara could've sworn that she would fall asleep and when she would wake, Kai would still be telling the same story. The blonde didn't know whether to believe his intentions, but right now he was all they had.

"And, of course, I broke into the Oval Office and took a picture of myself at the window, looking all JFK." Kai chuckled as he was seated in a chair nearest the fireplace, unaware that Klara and Damon were bored of his stories.  "But, then, I was like, wait. How am I gonna get these photos developed?"

"Oh, my God. Just answer the damn question." Damon frustratedly yelled out once there was a quick pause in the boy's story. "How are we gonna get out of this Twilight zone?"

"I got a question for you first." Kai spoke toward Damon, though he glanced to Klara every so often. "Why do you think we're stuck on a repeating loop of May 10th, 1994. Doomed to relive a solar eclipse forever and ever and ever?" 

"Surely you should be the one answering that question considering you've obviously been here a lot longer than we have." Klara deadpanned with her eyes narrowed toward Kai once she took a sip of her bourbon.

"Well, I heard Damon tell you and Bonnie that this was his own Hell. I'm kinda curious why."

"I found everything you asked for. Can-opener, shower drain, grinding wheel, jam, pocket knife, volume-O of the encyclopedia, a nail and a black marker." Bonnie walked into the room and emptied the items out of her back pack and then glared at Kai. "Now what?"

"I can't show you with my hands taped." Kai glanced between the three supernatural that stood opposite them. He gave Bonnie a look and then a small grin.

The Bennett girl immediately grabbed the pocket knife from the table, much to the dismay of Damon and Klara. "No, Bon." Klara started but Bonnie just ignored her. "Look at this crap. How is any of this gonna get us out of here?"

"I'll explain as soon as you tell me what you did on May 10th, 1994." Kai turned his attention to Damon, who's grin soon turned to stone at the mention of the date. "Put it this way: Bonnie's magic is one part of the equation. My as-yet disclosed knowledge is the other. Which means you would be hitching a ride home for free. I just want to know if you deserve to come along." Kai shrugged.

Klara glanced at Damon, who was clearly against speaking about the events. "Or I could just torture you until you say something useful." Damon stepped forward, grabbed Kai by the collar and smirked.

"If you torture me, I'll get mad and then I won't wanna help you." Kai's eyes then turned to Bonnie and Klara whilst he was within Damon's grip. "What kind of person needs to have that explained to them?"