𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN | PROMISED LAND

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE TRAVELERS HAD FOUND STEFAN AND ELENA AND TOOK THEM WITHOUT A TRACE. Klara was determined to find Stefan and Elena, whatever it took. Thankfully, Damon was already on hand with a perfect scheme to try and gather information on the travelers. He had kidnapped Mr. Sikes, a local accountant, who coincidentally had a traveler inside of him.

"Oh, so this is what you meant when you said you had a plan." Klara stepped into the parlour and gestured to the man who was gagged and bound in their living room. "Hm. I've seen worse from you, I guess."

"Hey, Goldie-Locks. Ready to join the torture train? Toot-toot." He imitated a train while Mr. Sikes started to mumble through his gag, so Damon chuckled. "Whoops. Sorry about that. Yeah, can't have you mumbling any of those annoying traveler ditties. It's a sure migraine. So, here's the deal:  My brother and my girl have both been kidnapped by travelers and I can't seem to find them anywhere. I mean, like, poof. Gone, right?"

"And besides that fact that we've got a virtually useless Hybrid in the basement and a cave full of sleeping travelers, we've got nothing apart from you. So, you could tell me where I can find your leader, Markos, before I reach down your throat and grab your intestines." Klara threatened Mr. Sikes while Damon smiled proudly at his friend.

"They grow up so fast." He smirked admirably just as Caroline stepped inside the house. "What's up, Blondie?"

"Liv and Luke aren't answering any of my—" Caroline lifted her eyes up from her cellphone in surprise as she noticed the man bound in the middle of the room. "Oh, my God! Mr. Sikes?"

Klara twirled around in confusion. "You know this guy?"

"Yeah! He helped me open my first savings account. He gave me a lollipop."

"Well, unfortunately, Mr. Sikes here is occupied by some low-life traveler." Damon explained as Caroline groaned. "I saw him and his buddies chanting in the town square last week. I also know that Markos and your passengered comrades are planning some big flashy spell to undo some super boring ancient witch curse, and where that sucks for us, it just happens to undo all witch magic. I.E kill me, my best friend and my sexy, blonde frenemy here."

Caroline took a few steps forward with a determined look on her face. "If you know where Markos took Stefan and Elena, you need to tell us."

"Yep. Sorry, you're gonna have to speak up." Damon leaned both his hands on the arm of the chair to get closer to Mr. Sikes. 

Klara tutted with a smirk on her face. "Damon, did you hear that? Cause, I was having trouble—"

"Nope. I don't think I did." He stabbed a knife into the man's leg and heard him finally cry out in agony. "I think he's trying to say something. Come here, sweetie."