QOE | 017 | THE FOX'S FURY

Chapter 017:The Fox's Fury.

"How dare you!" Tuya snaps.

"How dare me?" Kashi was taken aback by her reaction.

"What gave you the right to think you can head the selection without my consent?" Tuya asked with rage, Kashi rolls her eyes.

"Your consent?...tsk"

"Yes! my consent, or have you forgotten the law that the chief wife and the empress must present a maiden evey three years on the day of Pharaoh's jubilee." Tuya reminds her of the customs she neglected.

"Believe me I haven't forgotten our customs."

"Then why did you carryout the task without my order?"

"Your orders? Ha!. I beg your pardon Your Majesty, Pharaoh gave me the right to head this year's selection and if you have a problem with it, you can take it up with him." Kashi blurts out, fearless.

"Foolish woman, all along, i thought you still had some senses left in you but no, you're just a self centered woman hiding in the shadows of your crown." Tuya exclaimed.

Kashi claps her hands in wonder.

"Call me whatever you want, self centered, ill-mannered, it doesn't matter now, because there's nothing you can do to change the edict. The deed has been done and I am heading this year's selection."

"So please if that disturbs you Your Majesty, please feel free to take your leave, as you can see I have a lot of business to attend to." Politely Kashi says, walking away from the Queen to check out some papyrus's and scrolls.

Only the gods know that Kashi is tired of Tuya's actions, this woman always bullied her non stop, all because Pharoah trusts her more. Typical Tuya, always trying to get on her nerves.

"SHAR-MOO-TA !!!" Tuya says with gritted teeth as Kashi stops in her tracks with the scrolls in her hands, the Empress gently drops the scrolls and slowly turns around to meet the Queen's gaze, her eyes widened in shock.

"I beg your pardon."

"You heard me right YA SHAR-MOO-TA. I've had enough of your nonsensical drama, it sickens me to the core." Tuya said as Kashi inhaled deeply, raging, fuming while folding her knuckles in a fist.

By the gods, if Tuya crosses the line, she is going to rip the Queen into shreds for calling her a bitch.

"What did you just call me?" Kashi asked her in a calm yet angry tone.

"Should I repeat myself again, i called you YA SHAR-MOO-TA, isn't that what you are!" Tuya repeats the words again as Kashi stared at her speechless.

"I see I've awakened the fox in you. But what will you do? Strike me? Go then, strike me and see maybe you won't lose your title and your crown." Tuya's voice lingered with pride and assertiveness.

"I will never stoop so low to raise my hand on you, let alone curse you but if i had my way, I swear by the gods my right palm will be at the left side of your cheek." Kashi said without fear as Tuya widened her eyes surprised.

"How dare you speak to me in such manner, remember whom you stand before, The Qu....." Before Tuya could finish her sentence Kashi shuns her.

"Oh please Tuya I've had enough of your nonsense. Have you lost it." Outraged, Kashi finally lashed out, hitting on her name as Tuya opens her mouth startled.

"As a matter of fact, what makes you think you have the right to come into my quarters and insult my integrity and embarrass me in front of my officials, remember Your Majesty, you may be the Queen of all Egypt but I am the Empress of Egypt and I deserve to be respected in my territory as well." Kashi warns Tuya who scoffed at her words.