QOE | 008 | THE CROWN PRINCE & THE PRINCES OF EGYPT

Chapter 08: The Crown Prince & The Prince Of Egypt

"Quick, we must hurry to make it to the forefront to get a proper view." Gomar hesitates, dragging both sisters either side as they rummaged their way to the front.

"Alright Gomar, atleast take it easy, the colliesum is crowded with so many people." Nefertiri blurted out, adjusting her dress.

"The way people are pushing me back and forth is so hurtful." Hadassah said wryly.

"Apologies, but you two should know that today's a special day, and we have to see Rameses and his cousin Nepthus, especially catch a glimpse of the gods... It would be unwise if we don't pay homage." Gomar squealed happily.

With anticipation, Nefertiri turns to her. "Really, the gods are coming." She awed. "Yes sister, didn't you know. Some of the gods will be present at coronation." Hadassah rolled her eyes, shaking her head.

"I thought it was a joke Hadassah, I didn't take you serious." Nefertiri's face fell.

"You never take me serious ever in your life." Hadassah snapped, Nefertiri arched her brows. "What do you mean by that." Nefertiri picked an offense.

"Alright girls, enough! Now isn't the time for any arguments, after the coronation, both of you can squash your beef and grudges, but as of this auspicious day, we will not engage in a fight. So be quiet and peaceful like a dove ok!" Gomar warned, both of them bobbed reluctantly.

"Perfect, so we don't have much time, let's hurry! who knows we might find royal suitors, or bump into our revolutionary lover." Gomar said jokingly, Hadassah sighed, Nefertiri fummed. Giggling at their expression, Gomar nudged at them as they hurried to the front.

*****
The colliesum was jam-packed, people fought, quarrelled and argued to catch the glimpse of the royal family. Royal guards and swordsmen were stationed to block some people from crossing their boundaries.

The girls hurried to the forefront to get a better view and they actually did, with the way Gomar pleaded with men and women on the way, it was as if she was accustomed to it "Excuse me my lord, excuse me my lady, coming through...."

Nefertiri, covered her face with a transparent while veil, one could tell she was hiding away from Hector. She covered herself so well that only her blue-green eyes were seen. Both orbs dazzled like the Nile.

With shouts of joy, coupled with jubilation, the musers started playing drums and stringed instruments, the horn was blown along with the trumpets. From where people sat, flowers were thrown down in appreciation as it filled the air beautifully. The gifts presented to the house of Pharaoh and the gods were uncountable.

Half naked girls danced before Pharaoh and the royal family, their hips swayed to the beating of drums, their silk transparent gown cling to their body except for the shimmering beads on their waist which glistened gold.

Pharaoh sat in a chair of state, upon a low dias, his aura was distant and regal. At his left hand side was seated his family and all the imperial nobilities of Egypt. At his right hand were empty golden encrusted seats with intricate details of each gods.

Nevertheless, as the celebration continued. Jannes, the High Priest began to speak in strange tongues, his hands were raised to the sky as his fellow priests and priestess chanted in a humming sound. He burnt sacrifices, offered it to Ra, and immediately the heavens cracked opened, and behold celestial bodies appeared.

The sky changed and became transparent like a silk curtain. The clouds rummaged and lightening bolts strike causing everyone to shiver in fear. it started with a fearful darkness, filling the isle signaling the presence of the gods and a strong cold wind. Then a brilliant beam of light shine all through the earth casting light on the coliseum.