QOE | 018 | LIKE MOTHER LIKE DAUGHTER

Chapter 018: Like Mother Like Daughter.

"Her Royal Highness Princess Anae-Eshe." The herald announced the arrival of the crown princess as she entered to see servants bustling back and forth, cleaning up papyrus's, ledgers, and scrolls, placing them in chest as they carried it out swiftly.

"Your Highness." Dendra said, as everyone stops and bows in obeisance.

"Rise." She said as they all rose up. "Carry on." she said as they all went about their duties.

"Dendra."

"Yes Your Highness." The handmaiden quickly rushed to the side of the crown princess.

"What in Ra's name happened here?" Anae-Eshe asked with worry as she saw some servants picking up pieces of the broken vase, while some were replacing it with a new one.

"What happened here?" Anae-Eshe asked again, startled.

"I know nothing Your Highness, expect that we rushed in at the sound of a heavy noise coming from the Empress's study, it happened immediately after the Her Majesty left."

"You mean say Queen Tuya was here?"

"Yes Your Highness."  Dendra nods as she narrated the whole matter to Anae-Eshe, how both women had an argument over the edict.

Hearing this Anae-Eshe's face fell, the crown princess was perplexed about the matter. She couldn't figure out why her mother and the Queen hated each other's guts. Only the gods know when they'll patch things up, but for now they're enemies.

Inhaling softly she demanded her mother's whereabouts. "Very well then, where's my mother?"

"She's outside on the balcony Your Highness, I think she wants to be left alone." Dendra said, Anae-Eshe tilts her head.

"Take me to her at once." Anae-Eshe said as, she was led to were her mother was. The crown princess ascended the threshold and then climbed the steps leading to the balcony. There she saw her mother standing alone, unmoved, she just stood still looking over the kingdom, lost in thoughts.

"Mother." Anae-Eshe calls after her, snapping Kashi out of her thoughts. The Empress turns to see her daughter approaching her with worry written all over her beautiful face.

"Eshe, you're here." Kashi embraced her daughter in a hug. "I thought you had left to Alexandria with your elder brother and cousins already." The Empress said, finally pulling away from the embrace.

"I decided not to go." Anae-Eshe said, still holding her mother's hands.

"Why? You do know your father will be very upset, if he learns that you're were not in attendance for the function. Anae-Eshe that's not how a crown princess behaves. Have you forgotten the laws, a crown princess must be present in every occasion to prove how much she values them...." Kashi scolds Anae-Eshe as the crown princess rolled her eyes and sighed heavily.

"Blah blah blah, that's not how a crown princess behaves, father will scold me just as you have, give it a rest Mother, I am not a child anymore, I can do whatever I want as far as I'm not breaking any law."

"But you just broke the law,"

"Just one law mother."

"Breaking the law is unacceptable, you're a crown princess, even if you're a woman, you still have to fulfill your oat. I've always told you Eshe, you have a big position in this kingdom just like your step brother." Kashi said.

"Oh Amun-Ra help me, not again. Don't compare me to my step brother. You know very well that we're very different." Anae-Eshe rolled her eyes.

"The only difference between you two is that, both of you came from different wombs, however you share the same bloodline and heritage as your father."