QOE | 023 | THE PAVILION OF NEKMAT

Chapter 023: The Pavilion Of Nekmat

"Greetings Your Majesty, I trust you rode safely on your way here, it's been ages since i last saw you." Whati smiles with pride as he bows. Kashi regarded him with scorn.

"Two years Whati, not in ages." Kashi regarded him with a scorn.

"Do forgive me Your Majesty, what i mean to say is that your presence in Egypt has been quite slim."

"Indeed I am delighted to here as well if what you meant is true then so be it, but if I may ask Whati, why i was the last person to receive the invitation to the Chief wife's function?" Kashi raised a brow waiting for his response.

The eunuch was silent.

"You weren't excepting me to be here,... Whati?" Kashi gave him a questioning look.

Meeting her gaze, Whati stammers as he lowered his head.

"N-no, ofcourse not Your Majesty,by the gods i am infact glad that your here, very glad at last." Whati replies, his voice shakened a bit with fear.

"Indeed your presence infuriates me, but next time you try to outsmart me, I'll take your case to Pharaoh myself, it seems you've forgotten whom you stand before." Kashi warned him.

"N-no no no ..Y-your majesty..... F-forgive me, i didn't know you would be present at the Palace, word have it that your busy and seeing you will be quite hard."

"And dropping an invitation at my quarters was it hard?"

"Forgive me My Queen,it will not happen again, on my life i swear it."

Kashi chuckles. "On your life it is then, and i must say i am really stunned, the Chief wife indeed has a hold on you that's surprising yet refreshing, coming from you, then I guess the day you pull that stunt again, I will pray for your soul at the temple next time I pay a visit"

At least the gods will help you before i mend your ways." Kashi walks past him as her retinue and entourage followed behind.

The eununch was taken aback by her words, he already processed what the Empress meant, and he understood clearly the message she passed across.

And it was obvious that Queen Kashi doesn't like him at all.

As far as he was a servant to the Chief Wife, Queen Kashi will never say nice things to him, including the rest of Tuya's servants. All she does is look upon them with daggers of mischief.

But he doesn't care, infact Kashi's words doesn't affects him, for as far as Amun-Ra is the gods of all creation, and his Mistress is the Chief Wife, Kashi will always be benethe her. Forever.

But on the other way around, she could be the end of him.

So instead of waiting, the eununch quickly ran in front of the Empress as she showed her the way.

"Has my mother in-law arrived?" Kashi enquired.

"Aye your Majesty, you were the first person she asked after the moment of her arrival."

"I see.....and Her Imperial Majesty." Kashi asked, knowing she couldn't call after Tuya's name in front of her eunuch, knowing the kind of man he was, she had to pretend to be a woman who showed the senior wife respect.

"The Chief Wife also awaits your presence."

"Very well then, take me to them." Kashi orders him as he escorts her to the chamber.

As they made turns in every corner, Kashi couldn't help but love the scent that oozed out in the pavilion, the atrium pool, the fountain of springs, the animals that crawled, walked, hopped, swimmed and flew.