QOE | 005 | THE DREAMS OF A PLEBIAN

Chapter 05: The Dreams Of A Plebian.

PS : The above picture how Nefertiri will look like when she enters the palace in the future. I hope you like her❣️

14 years later, Nefertiri grew up to be a beautiful madien, strong, agile, brave and fair to look upon, however in all things, she was favoured by the gods.

Loyalty, confidence, dignity, grace and poise is the supreme target of every girl at the royal academy of Goddess Bast.

The school was built by Vizier Giza's wife. She dedicated the academy to the commoners at the middle east of Egypt. Placing scribe's to teach the children, especially the girls; the etiquette of being a lady.

On the dance floor were twenty maidens, learning the artful ways of how a royalty takes a step at the sound of music.

Nefertiri and her best friend Gomar were amongst them. Gomar danced gracefully, while Nefertiri just danced nonchalantly.

She hated this place.

It wasn't part of her. If girls were trained to be vulnerable, she didn't want any part of it. All her mind, was training with a sword and shooting arrows at the field, but she couldn't be there, if only the strings and drums could stop then the scribe won't be repeating, 'One two three', 'one two three', one two three a thousand times.

"Ease into it Nefertiri, stop hopping like a toad. Dance gracefully like a bird in the air. Free yourself." The scribe blurted out.

"Yes mistress." Nefertiri frowned. If only she could run away from this place.

"The scribe is really getting on your nerve isn't she?" Gomar asked, Nefertiri scoffs, rolls her eyes.

"Looks like your mind is not here at all." Gomar asked Nefertiri during their dance class

"Ofcourse it's not, do you know how my legs ache after dancing, it sickens me, I swear."

"I understand, you prefer fighting a man than learning the ways of a lady."

"Your absolutely right."

"Then be grateful to the gods you're attending this academy, all thanks to your revolutionary lover's mother." Gomar elbowed her as the girls chuckled.

"Quiet girls... stop your unnecessary giggling and dance!" The scribe snapped while processing around.

"Stop it Gomar, a million times, Hector and I are not a couple but just friends, he's royalty and.."

"So are you." Gomar cuts her off. "Your father is a vizier."

"A low ranked vizier, who hasn't been noticed in Pharaoh's court for many years, even the past generations before him. None of them have been honoured, only dying in poverty." Nefertiri said bitterly.

"That still makes you a royal."

"No Gomar... And stop all these ranting of royalty... Doesn't suit you." Nefertiri said frankly.

"Ha ha... Indeed." Gomar hissed. There was silence between them. But then again Gomar interrupted it.

"But Nefertiri."

"I'm listening twinkle toes."

"What do you think if you become the next queen of Egypt." Gomar asked, Nefertiri regarded her with disgust. The section they were at now, was solemn motion, they moved to the rhythm of the harp and strings playing.

"I don't know Gomar, but one thing for sure is that I wouldn't want to share my throne and my Pharoah with any beautiful fool, if you ask me."

"Oh.. so you'd never share your bed, your fortune and Pharoah with a beautiful fool?" Gomar emphasized on the last word smiling at Nefertiri who didn't concentrate on her steps.