QOE | 024 | BEHIND THE DOORS OF QUEENS

Chapter 02: Behind The Doors Of Queens.

Two arabian horses drawn chariot driven by a charioteer comes barreling it's way through the bronze encrusted gates, into the court yard of the House of Queens and stops at a nearby stairway.

A royal messager dismounts himself from the chariot and proceeds to ascend the stairs in a haste, bearing a scroll which had the imperial seal. The seal of Pharaoh.

The scroll was to be delivered to the Empress immediately for the matter at hand was very important and it had to be attended to at once.

Already the atmosphere of the room was intense, the royal wives, consorts and concubines lodged in their respective couches, showing off their attires and costumes with taste of essence and elegance.

Aside Pharaoh's, wives, consorts and concubines, Tuya also invited all the prominent women in Egypt to join the celebration. From the Upper class to the lower class she invited them all; women whose husbands held important posts or positions in the country.

Including the royal maidens from the harem were also invited to grace the occasion.

The ambiance of the hall projected nothing more than the utmost splendor of exquisitness in the finest colors of violet, white and gold hangings, which were fastened with cords of finest of linens and silks.

Flowers were strewn on the obelisks and silks laced with gold  and silver rings were draped on the pillars of marble.

The women were entertained by famous minstrels of Egypt and other instrumentalists, not to mention servants attending to Pharaoh's wives, including the noble wives of the kingdom.

Royal stewards were stationed at every angle of the hall, directing servants were to take the golden platters of delicacies.

Also, the cup bearers were on standby with their jars, refilling the goblets of the guests, eunuchs stood beside their mistresses, ready to be at their beck and call, fan bearers too were unshaken from their positions, and not to mention the Chief Wife herself, Queen Tuya, all looking gloriously draped in splendor of luxury and power, with all eyes regarding her with good and bad fortune, wishing they could be in her position and also bear the crown she had on. The Royal Didem.

Nevertheless, while all these was going on, Kashi, the Empress of Egypt just sat there sipping her wine, eyes darting left and right, two years and things were still the same, boring, not soothing at all.

Kashi watched every move and gestures of the women, listening to every conversation, including the one the Dowager had with Tuya, discussions of matters of state, including the welfare of the royal maidens in the harem, she didn't speak a word let alone cough. She was silent.

Silence is Golden after all.

She wasn't having it at all. Physically she was present but mentally she was absent minded. It's been two years and half, yet she found the right maiden. Six months is left for the year to end, her deadline is dreading close.

Already some royal wives were busy tearing each other down, getting on each other's throats just to prove the level of power that they had and other noble wives were desperately yearning to be noticed by Tuya and the Queen mother herself.

Queen Mother, Sitre, sat down with a blank face, not showing any facial expressions or gestures, throughout her conversation with Tuya, she did nothing than to keep a straight face, regarding noone with her head high like an eagle

Everyone in that function, had ulterior motives, all except Kashi. All that was in her mind was how to find a suitable candidate for the next Sethi's jubilee.