QOE | 002 | IN THE BULRUSHES, CAME A FLOATING BASKET

Chapter 02: In The Bulrushes, Came A Floating Basket.

As Mariam follows the ark, she stands afar off, to witness what would be done to him, she hears a burst of gay laughter simultaneously.

With the movement of the basket, chuckles of little feminine voices evolves from the royal bathing float on the Nile.

Gracefully, the reflection of lotus columns can be seen from the water. Beyond the columns is the main stream of the Nile, tufted with bulrushes. White limestone steps lead down into the river.

Upon these, were ten young egyptian court beauties, in clinging, diaphanous garment, disporting themselves as they enjoyed in one another's company.

One bobbing a ball in the water: another, trying to hit it with a water lily as it bobs up. Others give musical accompaniment on a harp and lute, along with other stringed instruments.

Memnet, handmaid of the Princess looks on, with a royal robe over her arm. She is in her thirties. Her manner and bearing, suggest the willful strength of a family retainer, who considers herself an aristocrat among slaves. Her arm is branded with the cartouche of Sethi.

Beyond them, was Pharaoh's sister, Zaya, Princess of Egypt. She stands by one of the columns, kneel deep in the water. One hand resting upon a cord running from a ring in the column to the float platform, her other hand holds a lotus blossom.

"Did you hear, what happened in Nubia?" Nekmet, a court girl asked throwing a ball at her other opponent.

"I didn't think of it, but all I can say is that, Pharoah did what he did for the betterment of this kingdom." The other court girl responded throwing back the ball, as it mistakingly swept to Zaya's direction.

"Those poor innocent boys. Throw the ball back Your Majesty." The second court girl said as Zaya picked up the ball and threw it at a wrong direction.

"You're getting fat Nekmet, too many sesame cake." A court girl said, sitting adjacent the Nile while she weaved flowers in shape of coronet.

"Oh my that's mean, I'm not getting fat." Nekmet blurted out.

"Of course you're getting fat, only a fat girl throws a ball like the way you just did." Memnet said as everybody chorused in laughter.

Princess Zaya is the lovely daughter of the late Pharoah Rameses the First and Queen Sitre. She is also Seti's twin sister.

She is a widow, who lost her husband during war. Her elite figure is ravishing, dark hair frames like raven, aristocratic features, light skinned with a gentle smiling eyes that are traced with a shadow of sadness.