Article 2 - Section 40

"It was on the fifth day of August when the ambush happened." Umpisa ni Brent habang naka-upo sa witness stand si Tita Arlene para sa cross-examination.

"Where were you that day?" Tanong ni Brent sa kanya.

"In our house." Tumango si Brent sa naging sagot niya.

"How 'bout five days earlier?" Muli niyang tanong.

I smirked as I watched Tita Arlene's forehead creased and the slight lingering of worry was visible on her face.

"Where were you on the thirty-first of July, Mrs. Alarcon?" He repeated.

"I... I can't remember."

"Well then, maybe this might help?" He asked before he faced the judge who just nodded at him. Someone immediately turned on the projector and a black screen appeared.

"This was an evidence obtained from the leader of the group who did the ambush." The judge nodded at him, signalling for him to continue.

Tumahimik ang buong court nang mag-play na ang recorded track.

"Hello Ma'am!"

"Siguraduhin niyong malinis ang pagkakatrabaho niyo! Ayaw ko ng palya, Vicente."

"Yes ma'am!"

"Taking Arci Alarcon down is your main mission, but you can expect extra incentives if  you can also dragged Rosalie down."

"Magkano ma'am?"

"Fifty for the main mission and another fifty for Rosalie."

"Deal."

"Sige. Wait for my call after you're done."

"The phone call was recorded first-hand by Mr. Vicente Supil." Ani Brent.

"So let me ask you again Mrs. Alarcon. Where were you last July 31?" Agad na tumayo ang abogado nina Fryje at umalma pero hindi ito pinakinggan ng judge at mas piniling antayin ang sagot ni Tita Arlene sa tanong ni Brent.

"That wasn't me." Halos matawa ako sa sinagot niya. Alam naming ito rin ang gagamitin nilang defense. Hindi nabanggit ang pangalan niya sa voice record na iyon. She can easily deny it all she want.

But Brent is not Brent if he can't solve that. Isa pa, hindi na lang siya ang mag-isang nag-aaral sa kasong ito. I too, study and investigates along with the help of my friends, this minor problem of lack of evidence is nothing.

"Wala naman akong sinabing ikaw iyon Mrs. Alarcon." Kalmadong balik ni Brent sa kanya.

"I'm just asking where were you on that specific day."

"I said I can't remember!" Iritableng sagot ni Tita na mas nagpangisi sakin. We're getting her worked up just like what we wanted her to be. The more nervous she was the more that she can't think straight.

"Okay then. How 'bout this footage from the cafe you went to during that time? Can you explain how the timeline coincides with the time that the phone conversation was recorded?" He said as he showed a video footage on the projector that shows her sitting in a cafe while she was on her phone. The time and date indicated below the footage were the same as the recorded time of the recorded conversation from the suspect.

"I don't know!"

"Your honor! The counsel is speculating against the witness!" 

"Please refrain from speculating and concluding without enough evidence." ani ng judge na tinanguan naman ni Brent bago siya pasimpleng tumingin sakin. I subtly nodded at him, a signal that says that he can start the true battle from now.