Article 2 - Section 32

"Attorney, someone's looking for you--- Sir!" Rinig kong usal ng sekretarya mula sa intercom bago mabilis na napa-angat ng tingin ng marinig ko ang pagbukas ng pintuan ng opisina ko.

It revealed Rebekah's friend. The guy that keeps on shouting at her on the elevator. After him was my secretary who tried to stop him.

"It's okay, Faye. I know him." Nag-aalangang tingin ang ibinigay ng sekretarya ko bago siya tumango at iniwan kami sa loob ng opisina ko.

I gestured for him to sit on the couch in the middle of my office as I stood up to walk over to where he is.

"Let's talk." bungad niya hindi pa man ako tuluyang nakakaupo sa harapan niya.

"About?" tanong ko makaraang makaupo sa kaharap na upuan ng kanya.

"About Arci,"

"Rebekah?" Paniniguro ko. I was actually very intrigued about these two. Were they ex-lovers or something?

I saw him pursed his lips upon hearing me mention Rebekah's name before he nodded.

"What about her?" kunot ang noo kong tanong.

"Are you serious with her?" diretsahan niyang tanong na nagpangisi sakin.

"I can't see how that concerns you,"

"It's Arci. Of course it's my business." he said as his eyes try to intimidate me.

 I smirked at that.

"We're talking about my girlfriend here, right?" patuya kong tanong sa kanya.

"We're talking about my Arci here." matapang niyang sagot na bigla nalang nagpainit ng ulo ko.

"She's my girlfriend. She's my Rebekah."

"But she was my Arci, even before she became your Rebekah and it would always be like that. Now let's go back to my question, are you fucking serious with her?" Naiirita ako sa paraan ng pang-aangkin niya kay Rebekah. He's just a friend! How dare he use that possessive words to articulate her?

"You see? Arci may come out too strong but she's the most fragile and weakest woman I know. She may never admit that but she is. People tend to discriminate and underestimate her despite all her achievements and hardships. Why? Just because she was an illegitimate chid. Dahil anak siya sa kabit ng Daddy niya, people rarely see the good in her and just directly delves into that dark part of her life."

"Arci had always wanted a normal life. A family to go home to. A caring and proud father, an understanding mother, and a sister she can bond with." he said before he took a deep breath and released it exasperatedly.

"But unfortunately, she was given a father who only cares about her achievements, a mother who mooches off her hard-earned money, and a sister who did nothing but to plot evil things for her. She needed to stand on her own. To prove herself, she works harder than anyone would do. Ilang beses na naming dinala sa ospital 'yon dahil sumusuko ang katawan niya sa lahat ng pinaggagawa niya. But never did she let us call and tell her parents about it. Kami lang ang kasama niya eversince law school. I can't even imagine how she was like way back before we knew her."

I immediately felt remorse after hearing his words. I may have doubted it if I haven't seen Rebekah broke down or if I never heard any stories about their family but Fryje had already filled up the missing gaps on his stories.

Rebekah is a lonely girl.

My Rebekah is lonely.

Habang patuloy akong nakikinig sa mga kwento ni EJ tungkol kay Rebekah ay mas lumalakas ang kagustuhan kong puntahan siya para sugurin ng yakap.