santa's coming for us ❥ eighteen !

S A N T A ' S  C O M I N G  F O R  U S❛ they call it the season of giving, i'm here, yours for the taking ❜( eighteen )

❛ they call it the season of giving, i'm here, yours for the taking ❜
( eighteen )

_

"merry christmas everybody!"

everyone in your family laughed and cheered as many glasses clashed against each other in a much anticipated toast. it was exactly 12AM on the 25th of december.

you loved christmas eve dinners with your family, some might say they were one of your favorite things. you were never one to miss out on some good old family time, specially not during holiday season.

you took a drink from your champagne, feeling extremely content. that was until your phone started buzzing in your left pocket. you took it out and saw timo :) ❤ written on your screen, and a little frown found its way to your face.

you knew that he was gonna spend christmas pretty much on his own this year, what with the pandemic and all. you had visited him earlier that day and you two had exchanged presents (nothing major nor expensive, but nice nonetheless), and he had really tried to put on his bravest face. he was your best friend, you would know. but he had never spent christmas completely away from his family.

you quickly excused yourself from the dinner table and almost ran to the bathroom. once you were inside, you locked the door and answered the call.

"timmy?" you said.

"hey." you heard his voice from the other end of the line. "merry christmas.." he sniffled.

"timmy, what is it?" you asked. you could sense that something was off.

"n-nothing, i was just... i was just calling to..." he paused. you bit your bottom lip, feeling your heartbeat in your ears. "fuck, i'm not okay." he sobbed before sniffling again, which quite clearly meant that he was trying to pull himself together.

"i'm on my way." you said immediately. "i love you. stay right there, okay?" and you hung up the call without even giving him a chance to respond or try to convince you that he was fine.

it was totally unlike you to skip a christmas dinner like that, the presents hadn't even been opened yet. but timmy was timmy. and there was always room to make an exception for timmy, no matter the circumstance.

you took an uber to timmy's apartment and used your own personal key (yup, trust at its finest) in order to bother him as little as possible.