a terrible idea ❥ twenty six !

A  T E R R I B L E  I D E A❛ i just couldn't wait, i took a leap of faith, oh the things i say ❜( twenty six )

❛ i just couldn't wait, i took a leap of faith, oh the things i say ❜
( twenty six )

_

your body couldn't have been more pressed against the right side of the car if you tried. your legs and arms were both firmly crossed and you kept chewing on your inner cheeks trying to not succumb to the horrifying urge to slap timothée across the head.

and it didn't matter that it was a terrible idea because he was the one driving.

"oh, so now you're not even gonna talk to me, great. just great." he said, gripping the steering even tighter than before. you bit your right inner cheek even harder at the tone he had used. angry and cold.

you hated that.

you huffed in frustration but didn't turn your head towards timothée.

wasn't it everyone's dream to live with their best friend as adults? wasn't it the ultimate fantasy? the thing that people usually pretended to plan even though it was never gonna happen, yet were still mesmerized by the very idea? you and timothée made that a reality.

so why had it become so incredibly unbearable after four months?

you and timothée had reached a point where every little thing one did could send the other over the edge. it was like your patience was constantly hanging by a thread and you were the only people who were capable of making everything explode.

timothée had picked up the habit of picking you up from work since he had been spending so much time in new york, just taking a break from the timothée chalamet facade.

but this time the car radio didn't work.

"you said you'd get it fixed."

"i know -"

"it's been a week and a half, tim."

"y/n, i know -"

"i'm just sick and tired of listening to music from my phone, the quality is shit and -"

"yeah well i can't fucking make it fix itself okay? just deal with it and stop whining."

and that had been the end of the conversation. both of you fuming, not wanting to even think about interacting with one another. only hurtful things were going through your mind but you kept biting your tongue. because you knew that losing your temper meant making everything worse.