it's okay ❥ two !

I T ' S  O K A Y❛ you're better than the best, i'm lucky just to linger in your light ❜( two )

I T ' S  O K A Y
❛ you're better than the best, i'm lucky just to linger in your light ❜
( two )

y/bff/n = your best friend's name (gender neutral because i don't know your bestie's gender lol i just want as many people to relate as possible teehee 👉👈)

_

you felt y/bff/n place their hand on top of yours. you looked down at your hand and theirs before looking up and smiling sadly at them, even though they couldn't see it because you had a mask on.

y/bff/n smiled back at you only to glance uneasily at something happening behind your shoulder. you turned around and looked at what was going on for, perhaps, the fifth time.

timothée chalamet was with a rather large group of fans, most definitely signing pictures. well, at least you assumed he was there. there were too many people for you to actually see him, which was kind of the whole point of you being there.

yet you were a good few feet away from what was happening, sitting on a bench with your best friend.

"are you sure you don't wanna go over there?" y/bff/n spoke up, carefully. "just for a couple seconds?"

you scoffed. "no."

they sighed. "why?"

"because there's simply no way that i'm gonna be a part of that." you motioned to the group of people with your head. "if i'm gonna meet timmy, it's not gonna be like that. i'm not gonna shove a picture to his face and break social distance rules just so i can get a few seconds of his attention."

y/bff/n didn't say anything, and neither did you. you both just stared at what was happening.

you didn't even know why you were doing this to yourself. once you had decided you didn't want to meet timmy in such circumstances, you and y/bff/n could've easily just left. but you didn't want to; you still held onto the hope that, when everybody left, you'd pick up the courage to go say hi to him.

fifteen minutes or so rolled by. little by little, people started leaving. and then, it was just timmy.

but you didn't move.

"y/n..." y/bff/n put their hand on your shoulder. "should we... should we...?" you licked your lips, and nodded. what else am i supposed to do? torture myself? "hey." they wrapped their entire arm around you. "i'm really sorry."

"it's okay." you tried to say, but tears came out before you could even finish pronouncing those words. that lie. you hugged y/bff/n back, letting your tears wet their shirt mercilessly. you pulled away with a sniffle. "you know what? i think i'm just gonna sit here for a while. you can head home if you want, i just want to be alone here for a minute."