stay ❥ twenty two !

S T A Y❛ i fell into your open arms and i didn't stand a chance ❜( twenty two )

S T A Y
❛ i fell into your open arms and i didn't stand a chance ❜
( twenty two )

_

you wanted to say no to that blind date at first. the idea of spending an entire evening with a stranger, that you weren't even guaranteed to like, made you want to say no. absolutely not.

but your mom insisted. yes; your mom of all people. she said she had met the loveliest woman at the hair salon and that she had a very charming son that was around your age (perhaps a bit older).

his name was... you couldn't remember, but your mom said he had no problem with people calling him timothy or timmy.

she was one of those parents who every now and again got this sudden feeling that their child will end up alone and therefore decides to take matters into their own hands.

except you didn't want her to. you were fine, and you didn't think you needed a companion of any sort. you'd much rather stay home curled up on the couch with your cat.

but obviously, that wasn't enough to convince your mom: you were going on that date and that was final.

at first, you didn't want to admit to yourself that his face looked familiar. but you had in fact seen that face before, although you couldn't figure out where.

it was only when he smiled at a funny remark that you had made (something about your mom because you still couldn't believe this was all her doing) that you realized where you had seen him. he was in the new little women adaptation. you hadn't seen the whole thing but your friends had shown you bits and pieces. he did look quite charming.

but you knew better than to bring it up on a fucking date. if he was in that movie, that meant he was a big deal. and nobody wants to feel like a big deal all the time, specially not someone who is in fact a big deal all the time.

his name was timothée (he spelled it out for you) and he was half french. well, that explains it.

why is he so nervous? must've been your first impression of him. he stammered a little bit, and shook his head when he spoke so fast that the words would get mixed at the tip of his tongue.

but still, timothée was so well-spoken. he almost made you feel a bit dumb, which you actually ended up blurting out at one point. he wasn't the only one who was nerv-

"believe me, words are one of the very few things i'm confident in."

and something about the way he said it made you want to hold his hand over the restaurant table. it might've been a stretch but you had been talking for perhaps a couple hours and it felt appropriate.