Chapter 11

The Winter Cup finals was a talk of the whole school for the next  following days.

Well it is the school's first time to be beaten in basketball in the last few years and it sure did caught every student's attention.

A loss for the team means a loss for the whole school itself.

Although they didn't blame the players, it was evident in a few student's eyes that they were disappointed from that loss. But nevertheless, they know that they shouldn't back down and return even stronger for the following tournaments.

The news of Rakuzan basketball team's loss died out in a few days as the final examinations for the term is nearing.

And in this time of the semester, Sumiye would mostly be in her classroom or in the library studying in her breaks.

Although Yuki wanted to study with her, she would mostly just sleep through it and Sumiye would be the only one studying in the library. As a result, she opted to study in her classroom.

Even if Sumiye had comforted Akashi from that day of the Winter Cup and won the bet, she was still determined to beat him in their academics.

× × ×

This was their vacant period since one of the teachers said that they'll give their time for them to study for the finals. But, since teenagers are teenagers, most of them would just wander around the campus.

But for Sumiye, she took it as an opportunity since she was seated in her chair as she was studying Japanese Literature.

She wasn't surprised upon seeing the redhead enter the classroom at times like this since the two of them would most likely be in the classroom studying. But what confused her was that Akashi didn't went to his seat. He was just standing there, towering in front of her. 

Sumiye stopped reading her notes and looked up at the redhead in front of her who was staring down. What made her puzzled was that although he still had this powerful presence and aura, his gaze wasn't sharp, instead it was a gentle one. Sumiye sighed before speaking.

"Look Akashi, if you're worried about me spreading the fact that you bawled your eyes out on me from the finals then don't. I won't tell anyone even—"

"That's not the reason why I'm here." Akashi cuts her off.

"I know you aren't the type of person to be doing those kind of things."

Sumiye was immediately taken aback from his words. She stared at him for awhile before cracking up as a faint chuckle escaped from her lips. 

"Then why are you here? You wouldn't come to me if you don't want anything." Sumiye smirked with one of her eyebrow raised.

'Fascinating indeed.'

Akashi thought before finally stating his intentions.

"I want you to be the Basketball club's manager." Akashi said once more.

And that's when the smirk on Sumiye's face faded as it turned into a frown. Sumiye rolled her eyes while letting out an exasperated sigh.

"Didn't we have a deal on this already? And as far as I can remember, I won, right?" Sumiye said in an obviously annoyed tone while still remaining calm.

Sumiye's biggest pet peeve is those people who are so stubborn that continuously bothers her with requests and questions repeatedly even after she has already given her answer.

"Yes you are correct."

"So that means you should stop ordering me around." She retorted back at him that made the redhead scoff.