Chapter 26

The seven of them were seated together inside a nearby restaurant from the streetball court where Sumiye would discuss her plans with them for the Interhigh Tournament.

And so she began flipping the pages on her white notebook to explain the things she wrote down a couple of weeks ago.

"Let me explain. . ."

"There are 5 other members of the Generation of Miracles right?" Sumiye started and the rest of them nodded in agreement.

"Kuroko Tetsuya from Seirin, Kise Ryota from Kaijo, Midorima Shintaro from Shutoku, Murasakibara Atsushi from Yosen, and. . . Aomine Daiki from Toō." She explained with the others intently listening.

"First let me state the two least likely teams that could reach up to the finals as per my researches and calculations. The two of them are. . . Seirin and Kaijo." Her words brought different reactions from the males especially to Moriyama.

"Seirin??? But didn't they win against us from last year's Winter Cup?" Moriyama interrupted with a confused face.

Although Moriyama is now in Rakuzan and wants to be their member, it doesn't hide the fact that he still acknowledges Seirin after they beat Rakuzan, which is the most reputable High school when it comes to tournaments like this.

"Let her finish," Akashi shot the chestnut haired male a glare and he immediately bowed his head down and apologized.

Akashi lets out an exasperated sigh, "Well it is true that Seirin beat us from last year's Winter Cup and I acknowledge them for it, but this year's Interhigh, Seirin lost their foundation and half of their strength decreased." The redhead added.

The rest of them now turned to look at Sumiye. "Correct. And that's because Kiyoshi Teppei is now an inactive member."

"Kiyoshi Teppei?" Kimiko asked with an apologetic smile in which Sumiye smiled, as if saying that it's alright if she doesn't know.

"Kiyoshi is one of the notable members and main foundation of Seirin's strength together with their captain, Hyuuga Junpei. However, Kiyoshi has a bigger role in their team because he serves as their wall and pillar for offense and especially with their defense, that makes him a great center. Hence, he is referred to as the Iron Heart of the Uncrowned Kings." Sumiye explained and Kimiko nodded in response.

The three other uncrowned kings, especially Nebuya, flinched a little after hearing his rival's name and remembering how they played against him from last year's Winter Cup.

"But, he is now currently in America since his past injuries got worse and needs to be treated. In result, he won't be able to play for this whole year. His absence from the team will make a huge impact on their matches because of his very crucial role."

Digesting in everything Sumiye had said, they all nodded in agreement.

"To add up to that, another one of their most notable members is also now currently inactive, and that is, Kagami Taiga. . ." Sumiye paused and gulped upon stating his name, glancing to Akashi for a split second.

The redhead failed to notice this, but he also reacted to Sumiye mentioning his rival as he paused from eating his food, then glancing at her at one point with a straight expression.

"What? Why? What happened to him?" Kotaro asks out of worry.

He may be his opponent but he did enjoy playing a game with someone as strong as him.

"Kagami Taiga? You mean Seirin's Ace? The one that jumps so high?" Moriyama added. Sumiye together with Akashi, Reo, Nebuya and Kotaro nodded in response.