Chapter 06

Summer vacation came to an end and the 2nd semester in Rakuzan started. As Sumiye came walking in Rakuzan's brick pathway, students were scattered everywhere as they were chatting about.

But they were all just talking about one thing.

The Interhigh. And of course, it was Rakuzan's overwhelming victory once again.

"Did you hear? We won the Interhigh."

"We already know that we would win."

"Our Basketball team really is the best!"

"Special thanks to that freshman captain."

"Well what would you expect from the Generation of Miracles' captain?"

"I heard he didn't play at the finals?"

Those were the things that Sumiye kept on hearing as she was walking towards the main building. She knew this was eventually going to happen and that Rakuzan would still win so she's not even surprised at the results.

She was peacefully walking when an arm draped around her shoulders and it didn't take her a second to guess who it was. 

"What is it Yuki?" Sumiye said in a bored tone.

"Did you hear? We won the—"

"I know we won the Interhigh. Everybody has been talking about it everywhere." Sumiye responded with a hint of annoyance that Yuki noticed right away.

"Why do you seem so unhappy? Don't you like it that we won?" Yuki asked as she removed her arm around Sumiye's shoulder and stared at her in disbelief at her bored tone. 

"It's not that. I'm just not surprised anymore. Their victory is predictable which is not fun. And besides, who could even stand watching them who belittles their opponent?" Sumiye responded and Yuki just rolled her eyes at her.

"What are you talking about Sumi? And what's wrong with that? Knowing that you've already won against everyone even before starting the game is fun don't you think?" Yuki beamed at her and Sumiye decided to not speak anymore since her next opinion might offend her.

'No. It's disgusting.'

Sumiye made her way to their classroom and she heard the same boring conversations all over again.

About their team winning and everything. She rolled her eyes in annoyance as she sat on her chair beside Akashi who was just sitting there. She grabbed a book inside her bag to read in order to pass time. 

And as she was reading, she could feel an uncomfortable stare from beside her.

Without taking her eyes off her book, she could see from her peripheral view that he was staring. His gaze piercing against her delicate skin. He must have seen her walk inside the class with an annoyed face upon hearing the conversation about them winning but Sumiye couldn't care less. 

'What's his problem? If he wants me to congratulate him then he could forget it.'

Sumiye thought before turning her attention back to her book.

The bell rang not long after and their teacher came inside with a folder in her hands and a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Wow she must be in a good mood."

"Did she get a promotion?"

"Maybe a raise."

Sumiye heard her classmates blabbering in a low tone behind her along with a few giggles here and there from their silly remarks but she didn't mind them. She just smiled a little upon hearing her classmates murmuring useless things but is also a bit humorous.