Chapter 28

As soon as she arrived at the rooftop, she was welcomed with the fresh and cool wind  of summer

As soon as she arrived at the rooftop, she was welcomed with the fresh and cool wind of summer. When she stepped out, she looked around and there she saw Akashi by the railings, standing still while looking out on the open sky.

She did the same and looked up for awhile, admiring the twinkling stars and the crescent moon that was spread across the sky.

After a couple of seconds, she walked towards where Akashi was and stopped right beside him. It was weird since Akashi hadn't noticed her presence.

'What is he thinking?'

And before she knew it, she broke the ice between them. . .

"Hey captain, why are you still up at this hour?"

Akashi wasn't startled but he immediately turned to Sumiye with a surprised expression before it changed into a smile.

"Sumiye. What are you doing here?"

She heaved a sigh, "Well I went to your room with the three and returned your pen. Thank you by the way,"

Akashi nodded, responding to her.

"And then Mibuchi said you went up here so. . ." Sumiye explained glancing up at the sky.

"So you went up here too to check on me?" A smirk was now spread across his face.

Hearing the sudden notion made Sumiye glance up at him for a second then immediately turning away since she was feeling her cheeks heat up.

She swallowed the lump in her throat, gathering courage before facing the redhead.

"Well I am your manager so it's my job to monitor the players. And uhmm. . . You should be a sleep at this hour." She answered then immediately looking away then up to the sky.

Akashi let out a little laugh, "Thanks for your concern."

Sumiye didn't answer and it was silent for a while before she decided to speak again.

"So. . . What are you doing here at this hour?" She asked again.

Akashi heaved out a sigh before glancing at Sumiye again that had a curious expression. He thought about it for a second before answering.

"Well. . . I'm talking to someone. . . Up there." Akashi glanced up to the sky for a while then glanced back to her.

Sumiye furrowed her eyebrows upon hearing his response since she was confused.

But then it suddenly hit her.

'Talking to someone? Up there?'

And that's when she understood what he meant. He was talking to his mother in the skies.

Her eyes widened before she bowed down, "Oh! I'm sorry! Did I interrupt you—"

"No no. It's fine. I was done when you arrived so it's alright." Akashi reassured her and Sumiye scratched her head with an apologetic smile spread across her face.