Chapter 35

As soon as the next few weeks came, the Rakuzan team continued on with their trainings and practices for the upcoming Winter Cup

As soon as the next few weeks came, the Rakuzan team continued on with their trainings and practices for the upcoming Winter Cup. Although their trainings started to get more difficult, they didn't have a choice but to comply.

The coach was very strict on their trainings for the last 2 weeks since he was not going to allow them to lose anymore. Not only is their team's reputation was at stake, but the whole school as well since they carry the school's name in their hands. Especially now that they were made aware that Seirin will be competing in the Winter Cup since they came in 2nd place from the Final League. Of course Sumiye knew and had already informed the whole team, including the coach, about Taiga and his team's whereabouts and possible improvements.

And who knows how much he and his team improved since last year. They even made it this far without Kiyoshi Teppei as one of their main foundation, so they must've really improved a ton as a team.

The whole team was now at the school, early in the morning at 4am—preparing to leave for Tokyo since today is the opening ceremony of the Winter Cup.

"Akane, check if everyone is already here so we could leave." Coach Shirogane turned to Sumiye who was checking on their other things.

She immediately looked up from her clipboard and nodded her head—scanning the area for any more missing players. Not until she landed her gaze at the redheaded captain who was casually talking to Reo. Her face softens up at the sight as she paused from what she was currently doing.

It has been a month since they had that argument.

For the past 2 weeks, he wasn't bothering her anymore unlike the first week where he'd constantly try to get her attention. He eventually stopped asking her to join him for their lunch breaks or vacant periods and refrained from initiating conversations. Of course he'd still talk to her when it's something that concerns the team or if it was an important school related activity, but besides that, nothing. And it made Sumiye disheartened, frustrated, and worried.

'What if he had finally given up on reaching out?'

Her grandmother's reminders from last time echoed inside her head. Sure her initial plan was to avoid him, but now that he wasn't annoying the crap out of her to get her attention, she didn't know what to do. She wanted to reach out to him so bad but—she doesn't know how or when to do it. Knowing that she wasn't the main reason why they had this argument in the first place.

Or was she?

She was alarmed when Seijuro looked her way and probably caught her staring that made her turn away as fast as she could; her face flushing a deep shade of red from the growing embarrassment.

'Crap did he see me?'

Her eyebrows creased at the thought of him catching her staring. And from her peripheral view, she could see Seijuro walking towards her. She didn't know if she should be happy that he was approaching her, or if she'd be embarrassed. And now she was desperately wishing for something to happen to prevent him from getting any closer. But when he was just a few more steps near. . .