Chapter 20

This chapter would contain scenes from the movie of the anime and if you haven't watched it, I recommend you to watch because you might be confused since I'm not explaining everything in the movie here in detail and you will be spoiled.

But if you don't want to, then it's okay lmao If you want to watch anyway and don't know the title of the movie, it's: Kuroko's Basketball: Last Game. 

Anw, sorry for the long note. This is the longest chapter I've made as of now and I hope you enjoy reading!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The next day came and the day went by as usual. Although Sumiye could still remember how embarrassed she was from yesterday, she got over it already.

Or as she thought she did.

She reminded herself to refrain from being all flustered— if he ever asks her about yesterday.

Besides, Akashi wasn't the type to bring out events from the past unless it was necessary.

Good thing for her.

Inside the 1st string gym, she was monitoring the players as she was jotting down notes on her clipboard like how she always does.

And from the corner of her eye, she could see the captain headed her way; she immediately calmed herself down to avoid anymore embarrassing moments.

"Sumiye." She heard him call out to her.

"Yes? Is there a problem?" She asked not taking her gaze away from the clipboard.

The redhead became confused as to why she didn't look up to him when he called.

"As you know, I won't be able to participate in club activities this week since I have to attend the training provided by Kagetora-san in Tokyo for the rematch." Akashi explained.

Sumiye finally looked up to him and said, "I am aware. Don't worry I already informed the coach about it so you wouldn't have to ask for permission every time." She gave a faint smile right after before she quickly reverted her gaze away.

Akashi immediately sensed something wrong.

The way she was acting seemed as if she was avoiding any interactions with him that made the redhead confused. So, he decided to open up a conversation again to make sure.

"Sumiye."

The girl paused from writing down and looked up at him with eyebrows raised,

"Yes? Do you still need anything?" Her lips pressed into a thin line. Akashi couldn't quite read what's on her mind right now that's driving him insane.

Her eyes were empty and her emotions were bland.

There were times that he could read her like a book, he knew how she felt, predicted her actions and understood her intentions.

However, there were also time like this when he couldn't determine what she was thinking of. Behind her transparency was a gray area he never knew about.

She was like a book that he hasn't finished reading; there are still chapters that are waiting to be read and mysteries that have yet to be unveiled.

"Aren't you going to observe our training?" Akashi asked.

A smirk tugged on Sumiye's lips before she scoffed, "Why? Am I required to?" She tilted her head to the side, "And besides, my main job is being Rakuzan's basketball team manager. What does that have to do with your rematch training outside school?"

She bombarded him with questions that left the redhead stifled for a second before he cracked a smile once more.

"I know. You just looked so immersed from yesterday when you were observing us training so I figured that you might want to come watch us again." Akashi had managed to answer.