Chapter 09

After that costume party, Sumiye gained a lot more attention from the students since her costume became a show stopper.

Almost all eyes were on her for the whole night so her victory from that contest was not even questionable.

She had been receiving greetings and invites from other students often whenever she would pass by them on campus.

She would casually greet them back and then rejecting a few of the other's invites politely with a smile. Since she gained a handful of attention, a few started to get interested in her and did a few researches on her student profile.

And as soon as they found out her academic standing, they were even more impressed. Academic clubs wanted to recruit her to be a member and possibly make her as the club president on her 2nd year.

But sadly, she declined all of them.

× × ×

"You're no fun Sumi." Yuki pursed her lips into a pout as she was lounging around Sumiye's apartment.

She decided to hangout at Sumiye's place for awhile before going home.

"Why? Because I declined their invites? What's wrong with that?" Sumiye scoffed, peeking from the kitchen while she was brewing coffee.

"It's a waste you know. And you should join clubs too." Yuki suggested.

"What for?"

"You know, for extracurricular activities? Additional grades?" Yuki added as she played with the throw pillows on the sofa.

"I don't think I need any more extra grades." Sumiye boasted in a joking manner with a smirk forming on her face.

Yuki glared at her while clicking her tongue in annoyance at the sudden cocky attitude.

"Well sorry I'm not a smartass like you Ms. Rank 2. I need additional grades so I would have a place to live in." Yuki rolled her eyes at her while the latter just laughed at her remarks.

When she was done brewing her coffee, she poured it onto two mugs and walked towards the sofa where Yuki was and sat next to her while placing the mugs on the coffee table.

"Don't call me Rank 2. It's annoying. I'll beat him soon enough and be Rank 1." Sumiye said as she took a sip from her coffee.

Yuki just shrugged her remarks off and took a sip from her coffee as well. After a few hours of hanging out, Yuki went home by 7pm since it was getting dark.

But since Sumiye was still a bit restless, she decided to go out for awhile to relax herself and walk around the area.

× × ×

This was a habit of hers when she gets restless and bored

This was a habit of hers when she gets restless and bored. And she preferred going out at night and just walking around rather than in the day.

Maybe even do a little night shopping. The city lights, neon signs from night shops, and the faint sound of her surroundings. She adored it very much same as with a few stars that barely lights up the sky.