Chapter 05

The next few days passed and Sumiye and Yuki eventually got closer since they would  spend a lot of time together on vacant periods and lunch breaks.

Their coincidental meetings in the cafeteria and hallways turned into planned meetings as if it was going to be a part of their everyday routine. To add up to that, if they weren't that busy, they would even take the time to hang out together and chat after school before they would go home.

The final week of Late Spring came and they already took their final exam for this semester so that means Summer vacation is just around the corner.

Today happens to be their last day before the semester ends and the Interhigh preliminaries will begin in a few days time.

"So, are you going to watch the school basketball team's matches Sumi? or would you prefer going on a vacation as soon as summer starts?" Yuki asked Sumiye as they were eating lunch together as usual.

"I don't have any plans yet so maybe I'll watch their matches first. That would be much more exciting than going on vacations right away. How about you Yuki?" Sumiye answered.

The two of them had decided to use the first-name basis since they were already comfortable around each other and had reached the bond strong enough to say that they were close friends.

It was mostly Sumiye's idea to drop the last-name basis since she liked hearing her given name more rather than their family name. Gladly, Yuki agreed and even gave her a cute nickname which is 'Sumi' and Sumiye didn't mind. She liked it more to be exact. 

That's why Sumiye never had any problems whenever Akashi would call her by her first name whenever he would talk to her about academic related stuffs when for other students, his first-name basis seems to be a bit rude and informal. 

"Of course I'll watch the matches too! I want to see them play in an official game." Yuki replied.

× × ×

When they were done, they had decided to go back to their respective classes so both of them parted ways as they walked to their classrooms.

As Sumiye made her way to her seat, she still had this itching question inside of her that she really wanted to ask Akashi for the past couple of days now.

About why the Generation of Miracles scattered and didn't go into one high school to continue playing together. She was just waiting for the right moment to ask him.

After the final bell rang, Sumiye waited for their classmates to leave the room and finally ask Akashi her burning question.

She knew very well that she wouldn't be able to sleep comfortably unless she had the answers. She tried figuring it out for days by conducting a lot of research about them but she just couldn't. 

Akashi would normally leave last since he's the class president and it was his job to keep everything orderly inside the classroom before he leaves. So Sumiye decided to not leave early as well and talk to him in private.

When everyone had left, the two of them were the only ones inside as the atmosphere seemed to be a bit awkward and tensed but Sumiye didn't mind. She turned to look at Akashi who seemed to be immersed into whatever he was writing in his notebook until she cleared her throat before finally speaking. 

"Akashi. . . Can I talk to you for a bit?" She asked.

'Should I forgive her for disturbing me?' 

The redhead had thought as he had a mini internal battle with himself before he finally decided to entertain her.

"You're already talking."