Chapter 31

Hearing those words slipping from her lips made Sumiye's heart stop for a second

Hearing those words slipping from her lips made Sumiye's heart stop for a second. She refused to believe it, but then again, it somehow made sense.

Sumiye's hands that was clutching onto Yuki's shoulders fell down as she let out a deep sigh, turning her gaze away from her. She bit her lip while blinking a couple of times, still trying to process what she just heard.

Yuki on the other hand was silent as well. She was relieved after finally plucking out the thorn inside her. However, her head was faced down, guilt was washing over her system once again since she felt like this was the wrong time for her to say it.

But then again, she didn't have a choice. It would only be hard for her to keep it for long, especially now that the whole campus knows, and supports their relationship.

"Why didn't you. . . tell me before. . ."

Sumiye finally spoke in a shaky voice.

It was the only thing she could respond at the moment. Still bewildered at the thought of her best friend having romantic feelings for the guy she was now dating.

Yuki held her head up, gazing into Sumiye's cerulean irises that made her gulp. She can't fathom what was running in Sumiye's mind right now.

Her gaze was blank, eyes glistening from the tears brimming on the corner of her eyes. But she never let them stream down her face. Heavy breaths could be heard escaping from her lips; her chest heaving up and down.

Yuki bit her lower lip and made a thick swallow, "I thought you knew. . . Sumi. I thought I was being. . . o-obvious about it." Yuki stammered a bit.

Sumiye's eyebrows slowly furrowed upon hearing her notion. Confused she was because Yuki never mentioned anything. Not even once. Sure she mentioned someone but Sumiye never realized that it was redheaded captain she was referring—!

And that's when it hit her.

× × ×

"You don't have to silly. And besides, these were extras."

Sumiye didn't respond anymore and her eyes landed on the other rectangular red velvet box in Yuki's other hand. It seemed to be more special since it had a little note attached to it as it was swaying with the wind.

"Who's this for then?"

A sly smile formed on Sumiye's face with an eyebrow arching up in curiosity.

She immediately caught on that it was supposed to be for a guy that Yuki likes and she didn't have a clue on who it was. She never mention a name.

A tint of red flushed on Yuki's cheeks when she understood what Sumiye was referring to; she immediately turned away.

"Don't be like that Sumi. You know who it is."