Chapter 12

After Akashi won their final game, the two of them went straight to the Basketball Gym so that Akashi could introduce her to them as their next manager.

"Why do you want me to be your manager anyways? Don't you have one?" Sumiye asks while trailing behind the redhead.

"Our present manager, Higuchi-san, is already in his third year and he'll retire from the team as soon as the 3rd semester starts. After he retires, it could be a struggle to go find one, so I decided to recruit you early." Akashi explained peering on to his side as he glances at her.

"But why me?"

And with that follow up question, the redhead stopped on his feet that made Sumiye stop from walking as well.

The redhead turned around to face her, bent down on her level and inched his face closer to hers. Sumiye didn't seem fazed as she stood there, not moving a muscle upon Akashi's little actions.

"Because you're the only person capable of being one."

It was the only thing that Akashi had said before proceeding to walk forward. Sumiye arched an eyebrow since she didn't exactly knew what he meant. Nevertheless, she decided to drop the topic since she didn't want anymore complications. She lost the bet and that's that.

× × ×

They arrived at the Gym not long after and as soon as they entered the area, Akashi was immediately greeted by his members.

"Sei-chan! You're here!"

"Ne Akashi! What took you so long!"

"We thought you wouldn't come."

Reo, Kotaro, and Nebuya says as they walked towards him as they paused from practicing.

"I apologize if I took longer than expected." Akashi bowed down while apologizing that made them utterly uncomfortable once more.

They still weren't used to his true self like this.

Apologizing most of the time and being all formal towards them. They would even prefer if he continue talking to them casually. Peering to look beside Akashi, the three of them finally noticed Sumiye's presence beside their captain.

"Sumi-chan! What are you doing here?" Reo said with enthusiasm as he clapped his hands together.

"Sumi-chan?" Kotaro and Nebuya said in unison as they turned to the ash-gold haired female beside Akashi.

"This is Akane Sumiye. From now on, she'll be the team's next manager." Akashi introduced her.

Although they were a bit surprised at the sudden announcement, it didn't take them a minute to accept her wholeheartedly. Since it was Akashi's decision, they wouldn't doubt him.

Sumiye casually smiled, "Hello everyone. I'm looking forward to be working with you."

It was followed by a small greeting together with a formal little bow before examining each and every one of the members of the basketball team. Not long after, Akashi introduced her to Higuchi Shota as well which is their present manager.

"As of today, Higuchi-san will be teaching you what a basketball manager does on a regular basis. I'll be the one to explain the other tasks you have to do in the process." Akashi explained to Sumiye with Higuchi in front of them.

After Higuchi and Sumiye got acquainted for a while, the next person to introduce her to was to their coach, Shirogane Eiji. He already knew about this since Akashi had already talked to him about getting a new manager once Higuchi retires.