Chapter 34

Sumiye trembled in fear, her eyes widened with her irises shaking uncontrollably

Sumiye trembled in fear, her eyes widened with her irises shaking uncontrollably. She was staring deep into Seijuro's now heterochromatic eyes again; remembering the very first time she gazed at them which was a year ago.

And it was all clear to her now.

That Seijuro is not completely gone for it to take control like this. He was still there, locked up inside of him that was just summoned. Summoned by what though? His jealousy? The fact that she would not abide to his rules? She didn't know.

She wanted to at least stay rational to keep up with what's happening but she suddenly felt a stinging pain on her wrist. Blinking a couple of times; she gazed down on her wrist that was now turning red from how tight his grip was getting—his fingernails digging onto her skin. She started hissing in pain from the grip, still desperately trying to pull away.

"Sei let go!"

But it was no use. She was struggling to set herself free as she pleaded even more. However, his grip only got tighter.

"Ah! Sei!"

She winced in pain once more, gazing up to meet his eyes again. Tears brimming on the corner of her eyes from the pain coursing through her body. Her chest heaving from the heavy breaths since she felt like she was suffocated. And as soon as the redhead gazed down into her eyes, he saw the sheer emotion etched in her irises.

Fear and Pain.

He got alarmed. It was as if his other self returned and took over again. His grip loosened a little as he continued to look deep into her eyes. He didn't want her to feel that way towards him. He didn't want her to hate him. Not his dear Sumiye. God knows what would happen to him if Sumiye grew to hate him. 

He'd be devastated.

He blinked a couple of times, finally snapping back to his conscious self, realizing what he was doing. He finally let's go of her wrist in surprise, swallowing a lump in his throat upon realization.

Sumiye immediately turned her back from him; caressing her now swollen wrist. She was hissing from the stinging pain, her wrist feeling hot from that tight grip as she was now gasping for air.

Seijuro was speechless for awhile, gazing at the bruise on her wrist.

The bruise that he caused.

He never knew he could do such a thing to her. His mind went blank for a minute, regretting how he let his other self take over. His whole body was trembling as he feared and despised himself as well.

'What have I. . .'

× × ×

"Sumiye I. . . I'm sorry."

He stammered a bit as those were the only words that he managed to say as he was on the verge of breaking down.

He always said he wanted to protect her, but now what? He was the one that hurt her. How could he manage to protect her from anyone when he can't even protect her from his unstable self like this?