/37./

CURT

CURT

How the hell did I end up in New York?

I tried to remember everything that happened before I blacked out but everything was just a blur.

I didn't get to sleep once I woke back up. I didn't trust anybody even though they said it was alright. I was in a hospital and two faces I have never seen before continued to check on me. A man and his daughter.

From what I remember, I assume his daughter saved me.

As my mind worked, my body tensed at the sound of the door opening. I turned my attention towards the door and there I saw her. Her hair was pulled back allowing me to get a good look of her face.

"Good evening, sir." She grabbed a chair and dragged it closer to the bed. "How are you feeling?"

I watched her with caution. I didn't know who to trust. Especially people I don't know. They could very well be working for the enemy.

"How did I get in New York?" My tone was a bit snarky but I wanted answers.

I could give a shit about the introductions and what I am feeling. I needed to know where I was and I needed to know it now.

The girl looked hesitant, almost close to fleeing and if I could move, I would grab her and threaten her. I wasn't one to threaten anyone but in this very moment, I would do anything to get back to the Boss and Queen and to train harder on my fighting skills. I should have not been bested by Brian and brought to Cartron.

I should be better. I should have been able to handle Brian with little problems but I failed. I failed the Boss and Queen, I failed in my fight, and I failed myself.

"You needed professional help." The girl answered and she was speaking truthfully by the look in her eye.

"Why not a hospital in Italy? Why bring me here?"

"I-I don't know. I just thought...." She trails off, looking down at her feet ad if trying to figure out an answer.

Sighing, I moved forward. "What is your name again?"

"Victoria." She answers simply and her simple answer was not enough for me.

"Your full name. Matter a fact, give me your ID."

She frowns. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me right. ID." I narrowed my eyes, sitting straighter on the bed. "I have been through shit and I won't put myself through it again. An ID, right now."

She stares at me for sometime before a look of understanding crossed her face and she reaches behind her doctor's coat and pulled out a thick looking wallet. She placed the clipboard down before unzipping the wallet and fishing for a card. She pulled out a hard card and held it out for me to read. I grabbed her wrist when she stubbornly held the card in a tight grip.