/48./

TIANA

It felt like hours passed before something actually happened.

Camille was fighting. She was fatigued and I honestly was beginning to worry about her to the extreme.

I was on my feet, my daughter once again sleeping. I needed to feed her soon and I wasn't looking forward to doing that here. Not in this disgusting trap.

My eyes looked towards that one spot. Air was coming through and it had to lead somewhere outside. The only problem is, I couldn't fit through there even if I tried.

But Camille was a possibility.

She was different now. Skin and bones. The sight of her was unpleasant and made me angry about her condition all over again.

Cartron was going to pay. Brian was going to pay.

A frustrated breath escapes past the seams of my lips.

Abruptly, the door clicks and it's pushed open.

A woman comes into view, her gaze looking down to Camille then me. Briefly, her eyes looked down towards Caraiana before lifting back up to meet my eyes. Clearing her throat, she closes the door behind her.

"It's nice to finally meet the famous Queen." Her voice was soft but filled with venom.

With narrowed eyes, I observe her. I have never seen her before but I knew without a doubt that she worked for Cartron and by the way she glared at Camille, she had a grudge.

A situation like this has made me more aware of my surroundings and I was paying attention to everyone and everything.

"You don't speak much, do you?" She sits down on the cold floor across from me.

"Only when she wants to." I glared at her and she only chuckled. "Don't waste time. Just tell me who you are and what you want?"

"What I want is very simple..." Her voice trails as her eyes skimmed over Camille. "But I know it's too late."

What was she expressing?

Sighing, the woman shook her head. "My name is Clarissa and I'm here on a job. All you have to do is hand the baby over to me so I can bring it to the boss."

Daggers. That's what my eyes were throwing. Did these people not understand? I wasn't letting go of Cariama. Never.

And did she refer to my baby as an it?

This bitch.

"I don't know how many times I have to tell you, psychos," I growl. "I'm not letting any of you touch her."

This Clarissa woman stared at me, her eyes narrowed as if I offended her in some way.

"Then I'll have to use force." she begins to stand and so do I.

Camille murmured and I looked down at her. Her eyes narrowed. Just as I was about to hand Cariana over to Camille, the sound of gunshots rang beyond the door.

Cursing Clarissa ran in the direction of the door when it suddenly busted open. Brian rushed inside with a serious look on his face. His eyes landed on Clarissa before looking at me then Camille.

"What the hell is going on out there?" Clarissa questioned, the loud sound of gunfire and shouts echoing.

Brian's eyes landed on me, glaring with flared nostrils. "This bitch."

My eyes narrowed but my guard remained. He didn't care because with a few strides he was in front of me, pulling me from the floor without care of me holding my daughter.