/36./

TIANA

"No, Carter," I gave him a warning look. "You stay here and I'll go see what's happening with Rick and talk to Eva."

He sighed irritably. Carter was trying to go and see how Rick was doing but I told him it wouldn't be the best idea. Carter had to remember the doctor's orders and be careful with his leg. I said I will go check on him and he can stay here with Cariana.

"Fine, but be quick. I don't want you out there too long." Carter gave me that look. The look that told me if he had to come out and get me himself, his injured leg won't stop him from doing so.

I walked over to him and kissed his lips and kissed Cariana's little head. "I will be back in less than two hours. Possibly one."

He nods and I walk in the direction of the door. Carter kept me secured and told a few guards to go with me and watch me as if their lives depended on it, which it does. Lord only knows what Carter would do to them if they didn't keep me safe. I walked out the door with the guards behind me. It didn't take much time to get to the hospital Rick was located in. Just as I walked through the hospital doors, I saw Eva and she didn't look well.

She was arguing with some strange man nearly causing a scene.

"I don't care what he wants. You can tell him I will have my answer soon enough. Leave me be." She snaps angrily.

The man didn't look to please with her response and before he could say anything back, I walked over to defuse any further what seemed to be a negative conversation.

"Eva?" I stepped in both their gazes turning to me.

"Queen," Eva's facial expression changed from angry to something calm and nervous.

I looked over to the stranger that Eva was arguing with and he was looking me up and down with a smile that I didn't like to see on his face.

"You must be Tiana King soon Tiana Maso." He stepped forward with his hand out, reaching to shake my hand but he didn't get a step further in my direction once my guards pushed him away a good distance.

My frown deepened when I heard his amused laugh. He pats at his clothes and cleared his throat. "I see Carter is upping security now. Especially for his Queen. How's the baby?"

What the hell? Who was this guy? Possibly one of Cartron's men.

I reacted quickly, motioning with my hands and using my voice. "Grab him." Two of the guards nodded and grabbed him quickly, ignoring his request of being free as they took him away to put him in the car. I didn't trust that man and he seemed to know a lot about Carter and I.

I looked to Eva and it was more than obvious she was nervous but was trying not to be. I didn't waste any time in questioning her. She seemed a little familiar with the man and I wanted to know how long she's known him and his purpose of being here if there was one. And lastly, how does he seem to know about Carter and I and our baby.

"Who is that?" I question her.

She sighed. "He's nobody Queen. He was just...he was a nobody." She looked at my guard behind me.

I frowned. Why was she lying to me? I turned, looking at my guard. "Can you give us a minute?"

"Queen," The guard's tone made it clear that he was disagreeing with my words. "Boss was very specific-"

"Six-feet. That's all I ask. Give me a few minutes."

It took him a moment but he backed away from me, staying alerted and his eyes watching our surroundings. I turn back to Eva and she looked like she was about to cry.