/43./

SURPRISE!!
TIANA

"I want my sister found, Rick." Carter said without taking his eyes off Cariana, who looked up at her father with wondering eyes.

"We'll do everything that we can, sir." Rick dismisses himself but I couldn't help but notice the little detachment in his eyes.

Knowing exactly what it was, I decided to mind my business and hoped for the best. Leaving out the room, Cari decided to make a soft noise that sent warmth to my heart.

During this crazy time, she's become more vocal and not just in her little adorable baby noises but in her cries. She loved to cause havoc with Carter and I.

"We'll find her." I sat next to him, letting my index finger glide down my daughter's soft chubby cheeks. She had a very light dimple that graced her left cheek whenever she smiled.

"I want you to stay close to your guards. He's here and I think he has her. It's the only way to explain why she's missing when she was on her way."

"He who, exactly?"

His gaze turned from Cariana to me and it was dark. He had so much anger pent up and he was ready to release it.

"My father."

"Or she could be with Ace-"

"That fucker is missing. I should've known better and killed him when I had the chance."

I frowned. "I'm sure Ace would have never betrayed Camille-"

"Then why did Camille move to another location without Ace? Why has she been acting strange whenever I bring the son of a bitch's name up? Why did my guards report to me that she's been spotted crying on a balcony one night? You tell me that doesn't raise suspicion, babe?"

"I-I wasn't aware of the little things but there is always an explanation."

"Fuck explanation. He did something to Camille then he disappears and now my father is in Paris." He looks down at Cariana with soft eyes. "And we both know what he wants."

My heart tingled, watching Carter. Protect her at all costs. No matter what.

I can only pray that Camille is found soon because the bad feeling that's inside me has increased. The feeling of something big, dangerous happening and that it could be out of control.

CAMILLE

I grunt in pain, my head turned to the side. I inhaled sharply before smiling. I turned back to Brian, chuckling weakly.

"Is that all you got? You always been the weak one."

My smart words earned me another punch to my bruised face, making me slightly hazy. Blood was seeping from my nose and mouth and I was holding myself together on the outside but on the inside...

I just wanted to be put out of my pain.

Brian was enjoying every strike he gave me followed by Clarissa's smart words.

"This is getting us nowhere. She's never going to talk." Clarissa huffs annoyed.

"Maybe not but..." I heard the sound of ruffling pants and I was aware of Brian pulling at the zipper.

"What are you doing?!" Clarissa asked quickly.

"Speeding things up. Here." He hands her something, my vision still slightly blurred. "I'm sure Carter will appreciate how we care for his darling sister."

I chuckled but my words serious. "I'm sure he will appreciate that you'd no longer have a dick. Try forcing me, I swear you'd better enjoy the last time you breathe."