/24./

Warning- Everyone goes through things when they start feeling hopeless. It's evident in the way they act and this is just the beginning.

You'll see what I mean when your done reading this chapter.

CAMILLE

CAMILLE

My eyes opened slowly and all I saw in that moment was white. I tried to sit up but winced at the throbbing pain that shot to the front of my head. My vision slowly became clear and I looked around the empty room.

My body was in so much pain and my stomach was on fire. I slowly pulled the sheet down and saw a white bandage wrapped around my entire waist.

Suddenly, the door to the room I was in opened and it was the doctor. Once he saw me, he smiled. "Nice to see you are awake, Miss Mason. How do you feel?"

"Horrible." My voice cracked. "Where is my brother?"

"Your brother is doing well from what I heard. Here, drink this." He hands me a glass of cooling water.

The liquid gives me a cooling sensation. Just as I placed it down, a knock was heard then the door opened.

Ace.

He was wearing a sweats and a gray jacket. He had a violet flower in his hand. He walked further in and I smiled at the sight of him. The doctor stood to the side silent while Ace walked closer.

He placed the flower to the side and his lips were on mine. The kiss felt desperate and I knew he had to been worried about me. He cared for me and with every action, I was falling harder for him.

Once he pulled away, his eyes glanced up at my forehead and he leaned in kissing whatever marking must be up there.

"How do you feel?" He questions, his fingers slipping into my hair.

"A little bit in pain but I should recover well with time."

He sighed. "This is my fault." His words low but I heard him.

I frowned. "How is this your fault, Ace?"

His eyes found mine and he cleared his throat. "I meant that I should have came here with you, Angel."

I stroked his face with my free hand. "It's not your fault. My father has shown us a while ago that he doesn't care about his children."

He sighed and kissed my head again. I held back the words that desperately wanted to slip out.

It's been a long wild ride and there was more to come. I knew that. But the real question is should I tell Ace how I really feel about him? Will he even feel the same? What happened has me thinking about all I could have lost.

The doctor spoke up and explained my condition and treatments taking me away from my inner thoughts.

Maybe sometime later, will I have the courage to tell him how I really feel.