/2./

CARTER

CARTER

It was getting late and I was tired.

The car came to a halt in front of Ospedale SS Giovanni e Paolo. The hospital in Metropolitan, city of Venice, Italy. This is where King rested his head and the place where my fvcking father escaped.

I reached over, grabbing the black duffel bag, trying hard not to wince at the pain I felt in my chest. It was still raw given I was shot a week and a few days ago. I was suppose to stay in the hospital longer but I couldn't. I took the pain killers and I'm walking on steady feet. Or trying to.

The more I move my body, the harder it is to heal properly and I will do that when I know I've finished off the two men that came after my child and my girl.

"Sir?"

I glanced up in the direction of the driver's seat. Rick stared at me, concerned at my sudden pause and I shook my head.

"It's nothing," I say, pulling out the gun, clicking it and making sure it was loaded. Clicking it back into place, I stuffed the gun in the back of my pants. "Ten minutes."

He nods and I got out the car. I walked towards the entrance of the doors and walked past the main desk towards the elevator. I knew what floor and room number he was in. It wasn't too hard to figure out. Thanks to Mina. Mina was a great hacker and Rick's cousin which made it an easy decision to keep her under my wing if I need any help.

I've tested her and she has the skills but despite her being Rick's cousin, I have my eye on her. One screw up or lie, she's gone and I don't mean her leaving alive.

I've had it with the fu cking betrayal. I've kept the circle small and I've told my men to lie low. Take a break and visit their families. I know my father was out there and this is something I had to handle alone. He got his shot at me. It won't happen again.

I've been staying at one of my secret homes. It was smaller than the others and I use it for when I need a low profile.

Rick decided he would stay and help by any means necessary. He and Eva share the same home as me while Camille stays with Ace in his hotel. I offered but it was things they needed to work out so I left them to it.

There was no word on Curt or Brian and I had someone check in on that. When that person got there, the room was clear except for broken glass and blood.

It angered me even more because this just made a new problem for me.

I'm fu cking tired.