/15./

I made some changes in this chapter. I did not like how I wrote it nor some of the events. Please reread.

TIANA

"I mean it, Troy. Stay away from the house and away from Eva. What you did was unlike you and disrespectful. If you want to meet up then call me." I say into my phone while rocking a crying Cariana.

After spending time with Carter yesterday, he took me back to the place I call home and left to handle his business. Business he has yet to explain to me but I knew that snake Mina was involved.

I trust Carter with everything in me but who I don't trust is Mina. She's one you'd call a thirsty woman.

Anyway, it was the next day and Cariana was giving me a hard time. She would cry everytime I tried to get at least ten minutes of quiet or rest time, but no. It's like she woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I fed her and that was difficult, burped her, and tried to make her sleep.

My hair was a mess and pure exhaustion was evident on my face. I had thought I was nearing the end of postpartum but turns out I'm far from it.

I was here alone since Eva left to meet up with Amelia who I haven't heard from in a while.I sometimes forget that everything that happened in the month caused everyone to split.

"Alright, sis." He speaks up, taking me away from my thoughts.

I sighed. "Mean it, Troy. There's something different about you and I'm assuming it's because of those fake parents of ours."

His silence was my answer. Cariana's cries grew louder and I had to hurry up and end the call. "Stay away from her, Troy. My last time telling you." And with that, I ended the call.

I placed my phone on the kitchen counter and continued to rock Cari back and forth. "Please, calm down."

Her cries continued. I tried the pacifier and that didn't work either. My fingers went to sooth around her face and I frowned when her skin was feverish.

She wasn't like this moments ago.

Worry courses through my vein and I picked up my phone and scrolled through contacts to find Carter's number. I pressed his name and pressed the phone to my ear while going to get my shoes on.

His line continued to ring and it reached voicemail. I sighed and slipped my phone in my pocket and went by the door to slip my shoes on. I grabbed my car keys and grabbed the ready baby bag and walked out the house, locking the door behind me.

Unlocking the doors, I pulled the car door opened and placed the baby bag on the floor before buckling Cari in her seat. Her wails began to soften a little bit but she was still feverish. After making sure she was secured in, I hurried to the drivers seat and started up the car and was on my way to the hospital.

I tried Carter's phone again and it kept going to voicemail. After four calls, I decided on the final try I left him a message to call me back and meet me at the hospital for Cari.

Around thirty minutes, I arrive at the hospital and I found a close parking spot. I grab the baby bag and my daughter before locking the doors and heading right in. I signed her in and ignored the stares I got due to Cari wailing.

I didn't care. I was going to make sure my baby was alright.

A few moments later, her name was called. I looked up and smiled positively when I saw Cariana's last doctor, Dr. Piscino.

"Miss King." He greeted me with a smile.

"Dr. Piscino."

He led me back to a empty room and I placed Cariana, who was still in her the car seat.