/44./

TIANA

"Queen?" Amelia's voice took me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?"

"The boss is leaving with Rick but will return before dark."

Sighing, I ran my fingers through my hair.

"It is alright," I forced a smile. "Did he say where he was going?"

She shook her head. "No,"

"Thanks for telling me."

Amelia stood in the doorway a little longer.

"Is there something else, Amelia?"

"You're worried." She started. "I can tell you are fearing the unknown."

Sighing, I looked over to my sleeping daughter. I was so glad she is so young to not remember anything right now. I want her to live in peace and with Cartron so close to having his claws in, it's becoming even more stressful.

"We all fear the unknown, Amelia." I walked over to my baby girl. "Can you promise me something?"

"Of course."

Inhaling sharply, I pushed some of Cariana's curls out of her face.

"I-If anything happens to me or Carter, I need you to take Cariana far away from his reach."

"Queen, what are you-"

My eyes met hers and she looked back at me in disbelief.

"I'm serious, Amelia. I trust you to take care of her if anything happens."

Silenced hovered the room as I waited. I trusted my brother with Cariana but, I wasn't sure what his plans were nor if he wanted to go back to the racing life. I didn't want my daughter around that just like I don't want her around all this chaos. I don't want her to grow up and possibly be placed in danger one day.

"Promise me."

Amelia walked over to me and grabbed my hands. A stern look in her eyes told me everything.

"I promise to take care of the princess if anything happens."

Pulling her into a hug, my eyes watered. I just want to be prepared for the worst because I don't believe this was going to be truly over unless someone was dead.

ILIANA

I can't keep doing this.

Worrying about him.

He disappears then he reappears without as much as an explanation.

I know Troy King is a dangerous man and we have developed a friendship over time but my heart is now at risk.

I am in distress because I fear for that man every day to the night.

Some would say I shouldn't be worried about him at all because he is a ruthless man I should have never got involved with.

Sighing, I looked down at my phone, scrolling to his name with a heart next to it. My finger hovered above it, not knowing what I should do.

He might think I'm crazy for trying to call him. Right?

He probably doesn't even really want anything to do with me.

No, Iliana. You know he cares for you.

My inner mind loved to fill with thoughts but how do I know if it's true. He doesn't speak to me and he rarely calls me.

Is it too much to ask him to call me and let him know that he's alright? That he's safe and in a healthy condition.

The thought of losing him doesn't sit well with me at all. God, I'm losing my mind over him and it's been months of knowing him.

Is that even possible?

Screw it.

I pressed his name and held the phone to my ear. It ringed a couple of times before it stopped.

"Hello?" My heart dropped at the sound of a woman's voice echoing over the line.

No, no, no. He wouldn't ever.

"Hello?" The woman called out again.

"I-Is Troy there?"

The woman scoffed. "You must be another one of his bedmates. He's busy. I'll tell him you called. What's your name?"

"A nobody." I sniffed before ending the call.

Tears pricked my eyes as I tossed my phone on the couch. He can't be with another woman, can he? Everything we shared had to have meant something to him right?

ACE

I zipped up the last of my duffle bags. I was going home. Back to Colorado.

There was no reason for me to continue to stay. I was not going to be a part of anything concerning the Masons. Especially now that Camille is finished with me.

I don't blame her but I do blame myself for hurting her.

At that moment, I had no choice. I was doing what I was to survive and Clarissa and Cartron made things worse by trying to drag me further into the mess.

As sick and twisted all this is, I cared for Camille.

I still care about her.

I love you, Ace.

The sad look on her face when I didn't say it back did something to me. I didn't think I was in love with Camille but she has a special place in my heart. If she asked me for anything, it's hers and only hers.

When I believe I gathered all my belongings, I made my way to the door. The moment I opened the door, I was shoved back inside, pushed up against the wall.

I moved to defend myself but paused when I saw Carter. His face contorted in anger.

Rick and a few other guards walking inside the room, closing the door behind them with their weapons up, and waiting to be used.

"I'm going to ask you this once and you better give me a fucking answer, man. I swear I'll kill you right here and now."

"Boss-" Rick began but Carter didn't give a damn.

"Where the hell is my sister?" Carter's voice was lethal as he pressed the tip of the blade to my neck, not giving no indication of hesitating to slit my throat.