/42./

CAMILLE

"I can't believe he needs this bitch." I heard the familiar feminine voice.

Clarissa.

The bag they had over my head was not visible. I kept quiet and very still. I needed to figure out where I was and then think before acting.

Ace has clearly made Clarissa more delusional and I can't help but get pissed all over again at the facts.

He betrayed not only me but my brother. I knew Carter was capable of doing something bad to Ace when he finds out.

I should have told him but I let my heart get in the way. Never again.

Suddenly, the bag was pulled off my head when a set of footsteps echoed loudly. I looked up and was face to face with the man who cared nothing for his children.

"Father." I said plainly.

He smiled weirdly. "It's good to see my only daughter. How have you been?"

I sighed. "Cut the shit, Cartron. What do you want from me?"

He took a seat in the chair in front of me. Clarissa and Brian stayed close behind him. I didn't care much of their presence.

"Your corporation."

I scoffed. "Good luck with that."

"If you don't, Ace will be no more."

At this point I was done caring for this man. My niece was more important.

"Do what you want but I won't help you."

I watch his jaw clench. "That's too bad. " he stood to his feet, walking over to me. I held still when he stared down at me. "I was hoping we can do this the easy way."

In the next second, his hand drew back and backhanded me. My face turning harshly to the side as the slap sound echoed.

His strike was so powerful, the taste of blood hit my tongue. Relaxing, I turned to face him with a small smile as if his hit had no effect on me.

"You can beat me all you want but I'm not helping you."

"Stupid bitch." I heard Clarissa say out loud.

"If that's what you want." He pulled back, nodding at Brian. "You know what to do."

I didn't have to wait long. Brian struck me twice as hard and I mentally and physically prepared myself for what was to come.

RICK

Gone.

She was gone.

Was it suppose to be this painful?

I cursed at her. Looked at her as if she disgusted me when in truth I admirer her.

Despite her lies, I forgive her.

I want to be near her but I can't. She's with the fucking force and she's been under cover.

I never betrayed your heart. I love you. Please, Rick. I love you.

I don't want to leave with you hating me...

Her words wrapped around my head constantly as I tried to think. I couldn't think of nothing but her. I was mean to her. I was angry with her.

But hate...

I could never hate her. I love her too much.

And now that she was gone, it was time to get back to reality.

She was now a fantasy short lived and I had to move on. I had to for my sanity.

A great memory she was.

TIANA

"Camille, please pick up. You're brother is getting worried. I'm getting worried." I said into the phone before hanging up.

I had just finished feeding Cari when Carter came in pacing in worry. Everything around us was just becoming too stressful.

I turned to look out the balcony and Carter was out there looking at nothing particular. He was angry. He wanted this to be over and perhaps try to live a normal life.

I always thought about going back to school once everything was settled. I'd do part time and maybe it would be easier while taking scare of Cariana.

Looking behind me, I saw Amelia holding Cariana. She loved her so much that it hurt. It was shocking but who wouldn't love Cari?"

Walking out on the balcony, I closed the door behind me. Hopefully he wasn't too upset about our spat earlier.

"I don't want to argue."

Not responding, I walked up and hugged him from behind. Hearing him exhale loudly, I could feel his tense muscles relax. I laid my head on his back and looked out at nothing particular.

"I'm tired." He murmurs.

I hugged him a little tighter.

"I know."

We stood like this. I want him to know that I have him and I'm not going anywhere.

I love this man so much that I honestly wouldn't know what to do without him. He's my everything.

My everything.

_________

Thoughts?

If you want something similar to The Killer books, go check out Mistake Not.

Also, please go give some support to The Enticing Proposal! It doesn't matter if you vote or comment (though it's appreciated)

Also, please go give some support to The Enticing Proposal! It doesn't matter if you vote or comment (though it's appreciated). Please read.