/33./

TIANA

I cradled my sleeping baby, rocking her gently while walking in circles in the room. I was thinking. Really thinking about everything that's been happening around us and between Carter and me.

I know we haven't been on the same page lately but I want us to work things out like adults. I don't want to keep fighting. I want us to come together and think about what can protect our baby.

Okay, I'll admit that going to work was a little extra but my mind is on edge. I feel useless right now. I still had files and I'm glad I haven't seen Mina being around here anymore but Carter still dismisses his doctor's orders.

I know he's been making secret calls behind my back. He's a stubborn man that wants to do things when he wants. Just everything around us is stressful and dealing with a two-month-old baby is not easy. She is growing and is suddenly becoming fussier now and days. She still has her beautiful goofy moments with her gummy smiles and baby noises.

The sudden sound of the door being pushed open caught my ears. I placed the sleeping baby between the pillows. She shifted a little. I turned to look at Carter to find him already looking at me. He motioned with his head for me to come to talk to him out of the bedroom and in the living room.

I followed him out of the room out to the living room. We both picked a spot on the couch and silence hovered over us. Nothing but the sounds from the streets and the tv. After a few moments, I decided to speak up.

"Carter" "Tiana." We spoke each other's names at the same time and that resulted in some sort of awkwardness.

"You go first." I motion to him, turning my body to face him completely.

"I think we should..." He trailed off and deep down I felt like I knew what he was about to say. He was trying to find the words to say it. It was all over his face. Unless I was misinterpreting his expression.

"You want to break up?" I questioned him, my heart pounding.

I don't know what I'll do nor how I would react if he did wanted us to break up. We literally just got back together and were heading in the right direction in our relationship. That was until the bullshit started again.

Camille's effort when Carter and I were apart and she did that set up to bring Carter and I together, felt like a waste of her time. We barely talked about what the issue was at hand and I think today was the day for that. It just felt like so much baggage was not on just mine but Carter's shoulders too.

A sudden frown formed upon his lips. "What?" He shook his head. "No, I don't want to break up but I won't lie and say the thought didn't cross my mind."

Though it was a relief it was also a bit hurtful. He thought about it and that's just a big sign that we need to really talk about what we are going to do. We both had things to speak of and we needed to hash it out now before it affects us further or Cariana.

"I just want us to be on the same page." He says, his voice giving off stress.

"I want that too, Carter, but that can only work if we both stop and think. You're supposed to be taking it easy, doctors orders. I understand that you want your father out of your life for good but rushing will only lead to failure." He opened his mouth to speak but I was quick to place my finger on his lip. "First, I will admit that I may have been stubborn lately about the whole job thing but I just wanted to be useful. We're keeping a low profile right now and using your money would only result in attention. Now, the Mina situation. I will be honest and say that I wanted to beat her ass and yours. Were you that caught up in your plan that you were oblivious towards her feelings of you?" I took my finger away from his lip and waited for him to answer me.