Part 31

In Manik's room

Manik and Nandini are still lying lazily on the bed. Nandini head was on his chest. She was drawing circular patterns on his broad chest. Manik was caressing her hairs with lots of care. Suddenly something stroke Manik. He tilted his head a bit to look at Nandini.

Manik - Nandini...

Nandini - Hmm

Manik - What's up with this Nandu thing? Why you get so pissed hearing you call Nandu. Did you forget that you have practically grown up hearing the same name. And suddenly you hate that word. Any special reason? (Raising his eyebrows)

Nandini got a little stiff hearing him. This was noticed by Manik. She slowly looked in his eyes but then again looked away.

Nandini (averting her gaze here and there) - Nothing like that. I just don't like it now.

Manik (chuckling) - Really! You think I will believe you. First of all I don't believe you are again lying to me. And second, I know you... So just tell me.

Nandini gave in thinking that again lying to him is a bad option and it will only ruin them. She took a deep breath and then told him the dream she saw after he confronted her. Manik been all monster still makes her so scared.

After she told everything, she looked at him with teary eyes while he was blankly looking at him. She assumed that Manik was upset because of her.

Nandini ( teary eyes) - I am sorry Manik... I didn't want to dream that but don't know how.........

She suddenly stopped hearing him laughing like a mad person. He was really laughing rolling on the bed. Nandini was looking at him totally shocked and confused. She let him complete his laugh as she was also happy seeing him like this after a long time.

Later sensing he was not ready to stop she pulled him and whinned

Nandini - Manik stop laughing. I am serious. I though you will get angry.

Manik finally controlled him

Manik - Why will I get angry? Like seriously you thought that way. I mean you remember our fights now also. And you think I can change in a day.

Nandini - You can do anything.

Manik - Thanks for the compliment but the dream maybe a nightmare for you but was a blessing for me. Finally you got some senses to sort the big mess you created.

Nandini - But was it of any use. You are still angry.

Manik - Your Aiyaappa ditched you na. So sad. How can he do this to my sweet NANDU? (Smiles teasing her)

Nandini (glaring him) - You are gone.

Manik sensing her ready to chase him, ran around the bed with Nandini behind him. Manik was as always faster than her. Nandini smirked naughtily and suddenly held her head.

Nandini (holding her head) - Ahhh Manik!.... My head is paining..

Manik abruptly stopped and was besides her with a concerned face.

Manik (worried) - Nandini what happened? Is it paining more? Oh shit! Let's go to the hospi...... Ahhhhh

Nandini suddenly opened her eyes and started beating him with her small hands.

Later after their cute fight they stopped.

Manik - Next time don't do it okay. I get scared.

Nandini looked at him with a smile and then hugged him.