Part 29

In college canteen

Nandini was sitting between Navya and Mukti. And on table, Abir was playing with Nandini. Nandini's attention shifted to Manik who was busy with his mobile on the exact opposite table. She could clearly guess he was trying to ignore her but will she let it happen.... Never!

Nandini slowly slowly forwarded her leg trying to reach his leg and fortunately she was successful. Manik after feeling a leg rubbing against him looked up straight at Nandini as he knew it was her. He glared her not to do so but she after getting his attention held her ears cutely and murmured ' I Am Sorry ' but Manik didn't say anything and looked back at his phone.

If it was some other day he would have smiled at her but now he was really upset. She also decided to give him his space but also not leave her efforts. She backed her leg off.

Nandini ( in her mind) - Ayyippa please give me a chance..... Please I will do anything for Manik's smile. I can't see him sad. He wants to remain upset with me then it's fine but he is very sad from within and I can't see that. Please Ayyippa...

And as if her prayers were heard an announcement was made.

Announcement- Students who had given names for the upcoming trek are requested to assemble in the Hall. There is an important announcement for you all.

All got ready to go but Nandini sat there itself.

Nandini - Navya you go I will be with Abir.

Navya - Nandu you are not coming.

Nandini - I have not given my name for that trek so you all go.

Alya - No that can't be true. Nandini I thought you were just saying for namesake but you really didn't give. Oh god!

Manik ( sarcastically) - Actually the problem is she has got the habit of taking decisions by herself and not considering others advices. I told you all she won't. She had made her mind not to come.

Nandini - That's not the case. I forgot to give name in fact I forgot about trek.

Manik - Great! Nice excuse. But you know what you are not staying here alone when no one is alone so just come or else you know my ways. Then don't say you embarrass me Manik.

Nandini sighed in defeat and stood up to go. She knew Manik will do what he wants and now disagreeing him will only make him more upset.

And Manik, can he ever let his Nandini be alone when he will be enjoying at trek... Never. Actually he had already given her name without her consent. And the best part is that everyone knew about it.

In hall

Niyonika - So as you all know that this time our college is taking you all on a trek to gell up with each other, I want to tell you that hurry up since you have only 4 days left to pack up. So hope you enjoy .

And after lot of instructions she ended the meet. Nandini was seriously feeling very bad that because of her one stupidity she has to stay alone. She was sad but pretended to be happy as she didn't want her friends to cancel their plans. So just to escape from all this Nandini said

Nandini - Guys I am having a headache. I am going home.

And at that instant Manik was at her side. He cupped her face

Manik - What happened? Everything alright? Are you feeling giddy?

Nandini - No just normal headache. I took too much rest the previous days and that why maybe.

Manik - But...

Nandini (keeping hand on his shoulder) - Manik I am fine. I just want rest.

Cabir - To have more headache? (Nandini looked at him confused and others too) No you said right you are having headache because of rest so again you will get headache if you rest.