Part 23

At midnight

In hospital, Raj's ward

Manik was still sleeping on Nandini's lap. Nandini was feeling sleepy. She leaned to othe sofa and almost fell asleep but due to her movement Manik's sleep broke. He noticed her tired face and got up. He rubbed his eyes to get rid of his yawns. Till now Nandini was in deep sleep. He stared at her face lovingly. She looked so cute in sleep. He slowly stood up and picked her in his arms and then made her lie on the sofa properly.

As soon as Nandini's feet touched the sofa she winced in pain. Manik got confused. He caressed her forehead on her bandage but she didn't react. He thought she might have done in her sleep so he turned to go but then his sight went to the floor. He noticed some blood on the floor.

Manik panicked as he knew it was her blood. He then looked at her feet to see they are bleeding. Though it was bandaged but not properly. Manik hurriedly held her feet and examined her wounds and they were quiet deep.

Manik (panicked) - Damn!

He took the first aid box kept in the tray and carefully held her feet not to hurt her. He was sitting on the sofa with her legs on his laps. Her wound was already bandaged but it was soaked with blood.

Manik (speaking to the sleeping Nandini been tensed) - How the hell did this happen? And that too this much! How can you be so careless Nandini?

First he removed the blood soaked bandage and then cleaned her wound. Then he perfectly bandaged it, got up and placed her legs on a soft cushion.

After washing his hands he came to her.

Manik(with frown speaks to Nandini) - What you do yaar Nandini! You always scare me.

He slowly caress her face and went close to her and kissed her forehead and pecked her lips. A faint smile appeared on Nandini's face. Seeing his effect on her, he smiled.

Manik - You are so adorable even in sleep. What power do you have? You could easily remove my pain in fact comfort it. I am sorry for speaking like this with you.

Saying this he once again pecked her forehead and went to check on his dad. It was about 3.

Manik (to himself) - Where is this Cabir?

He called Cabir who picked up in fourth or fifth ring.

Cabir - Manik will call you after some time. I am in radio station.

Manik - Okay.

Manik disconnected the call and sat beside Raj just checking some of the files kept beside which was of Raj's test reports. Though he was not understanding a single word but then something for timepass.

Suddenly Raj moved and started to gain his consciousness slowly. Manik on seeing this went out and called the doctor. Doctor came, checked him and informed him that he was fine now. Manik took a deep sigh.

After some time when Raj had gained his consciousness he looked at Manik's face who had a stern expression.

Raj - What happened Manik? Why are you angry?

Manik stayed silent.

Raj - Manik say what happened?

Manik - Nothing dad, you take rest.

Raj - I can't when my son is so sad and angry. You know right, I don't like your cold behavior.

Manik (sighed) - Dad why don't you take care of yourself? Are you so busy with your work that you couldn't see a huge truck coming towards you. I was so scared. If Nandini hadn't seen you then something dreadful must have happened. How can you be so careless? You know how much possibilities scared me. What if something had happened to you? What if while saving you, something would have happened to her.