Part 36

On Manan's side

It was a steep slope so Manik asked Nandini to go first as if in case she imbalances then he can hold her. But Nandini nodded No.

Manik (frowning)- Why?

Nandini - If you fall then? You go ahead and I will support you. Then you hold my hand and pull me up.

Manik from inside was all awe with her care. And the way she suggested was so cute.

Manik ( glaring her) - Have you seen yourself? Saying you will support me. Now keep quiet and do as I say.

Nandini ( pointing fingers towards him) - I will support you always okay, remember this.

Manik ( joining his hands) - Okay mam, now please let's go.

Nandini giggled and started climbing with Manik. Manik safely kept his hands on her waist and helped her climb. Once she reached

Manik - Cool

Nandini nodded. Then Manik started climbing. He reached there and said.

Manik - See this was so easy.

Nandini - Yes now let's go ahead.

It was almost done when Nandini sat on the ground. She looked quiet tired. Manik kept walking  not knowing that Nandini had stopped.

Nandini ( huffing) - Manik stop.

He turned back and frowned.

Manik - Why the hell are you sitting down? (But then looking at her face he understood she was tired) Come on Nandini, it's just a little. Come fast.

Nandini - No Manik I have no energy left.

Manik thought for a while. He would have easily carrier her in his arms but what if they fall. What if his leg slips and she slips from his hands. So keeping his thoughts in his thought's he said.

Manik - What about a gift from my side? (Nandini's eyes twinkled) Only if you stand up and walk with me.

Nandini was never a girl who needed expensive gifts. She never asked for one but never denied if given. And for Manik it was always a difficult task as he had to be very thoughtful regarding her gifts. Not like he can go to any jewelry shop and buy something expensive. She would definitely kick him if he got something like this. She needs something she can preserve forever. And he loved to do the efforts for her. And he had spoilt Nandini a lot regarding gifts.

Nandini was on her toes.

Nandini - Okay let's go. I am excited what will you gift me here on this mountain.

Manik nodded and held her in his and they finally reached. There was no one around as all were busy admiring the place here and there. Nandini like an excited kid forwarded her hand.

Manik - For that you need to close your eyes. And ya no cheating.

Nandini like a obedient girl closed her eyes forwarding her hand. But then she suddenly felt the touch rough lips on her soft ones. Yes, Manik had cealed his lips on her. He softly held her by her waist while she was too shock to react. It was totally unexpected. But then he bite her lips slightly asking her to respond. She came to her senses and responded him sneaking her hands around his neck. It was a long and gentle kiss with no harshness or aggressive. Soft one depicting their love. The cool air passing on top of the mountain gave glitters go them. It was one of their best kiss they ever had.

Feeling her breathless, he broke the kiss touching their forehead. Once they were normal.

Nandini - Was it your gift or mine?