Part 22

In College

Manik was still holding Nandini in his arms. Both were looking at each other. Manik noticed here red eyes. Manik showed a concerned face and with other hand rubbed his thumb on her cheeks and smirked.

Manik (smirk) - Sorry for this but I am not your old Manik, Nandu.

Saying this he left her and then thud.. She fell on the ground.

Nandini (closing her eyes due to pain)   - Ouch...

Suddenly she could hear her loud ring tone. It was ringing so loudly like someone has kept her mobile on loud speakers. And suddenly everything disappeared. She opened her eyes to find herself on the ground. She thought did Manik made me fall so hardly that I fainted. But then there was no one with her. She was at her house. And it too a lot of time to realise that it was nothing else than a DREAM or you can say worst nightmare.

She was lost in her thoughts thag she forgot to pick up the call. Once again the call buzzed and this time she took it. It was Navya.....no no panicked Navya.

Navya (panicked) - Nandu where are you? Why didn't you come to college? You are okay right? You were not even answering my call. Now atleast answer me, I am scared....

Nandini (shouts) - Navya stop, atleast let me speak. If you will keep talking how will I talk. (Normal tone) And actually I got up late. I will come now.

Navya - But Nandu it already 12.

Nandini - What! Oh god I slept so much. Okay Navya I am coming.

Navya - And Nandu one more thing, there is a bad news.

Nandini (scared thinking her dream might come true) - Oh no! I knew it Manik would do this. I should have stopped him. Oh god!

Navya (confused) - Nandu what are you talking? I am telling that Harshad has joined the college again. Don't know how can this college accept him even after removing him hundred of time.

Nandini - I thought..... Leave it nothing. Okay I will come then we will talk, okay.

Navya - Okay bye, by the way Nandu , my mobile was on speaker.

Saying this Navya quickly cut the call.

Nandini (confused) - So? .... Hello Navya are you there? She cut the call. Sometimes she speaks which  no one can understan..... Oh shit! Means all heard my talks. Navya yaar!

Nandini's monologue

But seriously, that dream was such a nightmare. But Harshad has come. This happened in my dream. Means Manik will change? No I won't let this happen. I will talk to him. I will tell him everything but first I will talk to his dad. One last try won't hurt, right! Yes I need to solve this ASAP. I can't afford to lose MY Manik.

Monologue ends.

Nandini was quiet determined to solve this problem now. She got up but then winced in pain because of the cuts on her feet. She somehow got up and went to her room, freshened up and bandaged her wound. After having something, she quickly got set to go to college.

Outside the college gate.

Nandini got out of the taxi and paid the fair. She was about enter the college gate but she noticed Raj coming from the opposite side of the road. She thought to talk to Raj here itself so that she could directly go and talk to Manik.

She was waiting for him to cross the road but suddenly she noticed a huge truck coming in the direction of Raj. She tried to shout at him to get aside but he was busy in his mobile. Others too noticed this and tried to shout at him but he couldn't listen.