Part 20

Evening Nandini's house.

Nandini was busy with her lunch. She would actually skip food just because of her bad mood but then at the end it will give her an headache. While preparing food her eyes were filled with tears. She was very hurt by Fab5's behavior especially Manik. Suddenly her phone rang. And the caller id displayed Manik. She disconnected it but it happened many times and on next call she burst out.

Nandini (angrily) - What the hell is your problem Manik? If someone is ignoring your call then it is evident that I am not willing to ta..........

She stopped hearing the person from other side.

Person (shocked) - Kanna! What happened why are you angry?

Nandini (bite her tongue) - A..mm..s vo..I am..sor..ry. Vo nothing it was just some small fight.

Amms - Nandu,everything is okay right?

Nandini ( wiping her tears)- Ha ha Amms everything is fine.

She actually couldn't because her hands were busy. But suddenly a hand came from nowhere and wiped her tears off. She looked amused and turned to see Manik standing there staring at her intensely. Since she was on call, she couldn't say anything. She continued talking to Amms glaring at Manik. And Manik was royally ignoring her glares. Once she finished her the call she looked at Manik angrily.

Manik (like nothing happened) - What? I know you love me but stop staring me like that okay!

Nandini - Manik stop behaving like this. I don't you have some sense, if I am ignoring your calls then I don't want to talk to you. Because of you I spoke rudely with Amms.

Manik - But I want to talk to you. I am not anyone else you can ignore.

Nandini - Yes you are. You are no one to me.

Manik - Oh really! You move on very fast.

Nandini (hurt by his taunt) - Manik please leave from here. I am not in a mood to fight with you. I am already tired. (Joining her hands with teary eyes) Please leave Manik.

Manik - You can hurt me saying I am no one to you. In fact from past few months you are actually behaving like I am no one. And now my one comment hurts you so much.

Nandini was speechless hearing him. And obviously she had no comeback because he was somewhere right. She somehow controlled her tears which were threatening to fall. The pain in his voice was clearly reflected.

Manik - Why? Now why are you quiet? You know the pain you give is nothing in front of your pain. If your memory is still strong then just remember what we have gone through to achieve our love. Then one day you come and say like we should break up and end every damn this we had. If I would have said this then what would you feel? (Angrily)

Nandini was now literally in tears. His anger also held the pain he was going through. She felt devastated hiding the truth from him.

Nandini (wiping her tears) - Manik you came here for some work, right?

Now this was limit for Manik. How can she ignore his pain? Doesn't she care anymore for him? Being frustrated he took the glass kept near him and threw it on the floor breaking it. Nandini got shocked seeing him like this.

Nandini ( shouts) - Manik are you mad?

Manik (angrily) - Yes I am. I am mad. And you wanna know right, why am I here. Then listen, I wanted to make sure you are alright. Today whatever happened was surely not good and I knew it will affect you. That's why I came.

Nandini (sarcastically) - To justify your friends?

Manik - Yes to justify their actions. But I guess I don't owe an explanation. Because when you yourself can't justify your actions then why should I?