Chapter 30

We both got home safely but on the way some thugs tried to stop us but Uzair took care of them. I could even hear gunshots at a near distance. It was as if I was living in a nightmare.

Will the guys be ok?

I was still in shock while pacing back and forth in the front yard. Uzair was watching me from a distance silently.
I felt weak and suddenly my head started spinning and my body became heavy.

Everything went dark.... again!

Third person POV,
Ruzhaan and the gang came back home. Some badly wounded and some not soo much. They had to infiltrate the enemy territory and create a distraction. It wasn't an easy task.... especially without proper planning. But they had Ruzhaan and Taha as thier leaders.... that's why they could win.

Ruzhaan could only think about Rahina and acted rashly but Taha was there to take care of such things. That's why, those two weren't that hurt.

"I'll go check on Rahina. You go and treat the other guys. Call the doctors here. I'm worried about your wound too." Ruzhaan told Taha.

"I'm ok. You don't worry about us. Go to her for now. She must be in shock. And don't forget you need treatment too." Taha replied.

"What about all the bodies?" Ruzhaan asked seriously.

"Will be taken care of."

Ruzhaan nodded and made his way to the bedroom. His heart sank into a bottomless pit when he saw her in Uzair's arms on the bed.

"Don't get any weird ideas. I just carried her on the bed because she fainted in the lawn."
Uzair said without looking at Ruzhaan as he heard his footsteps.
"She's in quite a shock. Let her rest a little."

"Hm." Ruzhaan just said.

Uzair gave her a longing look reluctantly letting go of her hand.

"She's too innocent to be trapped into this mess. But....will this really be the last time."
He looked at Ruzhaan.

Ruzhaan shut his eyes fighting back his tears.

*****
Few hours passed by. She wasn't actually unconscious, just in a deep sleep according to the doctor. Taha went to check on his sister and found both the brothers silently watching her from a distance.

"How is she?"

"She's just exhausted. Just needs some rest." Ruzhaan informed.

"She's really been through a lot in the past months. But she withstood it all. What a brave girl!" Taha said

She seemed to mumble something in her sleep. So Taha looked at both the brothers amused.
"Maybe.... she's mumbling the name of the man she loved." He said.

Both the brothers' eyes lit up and Taha smiled to himself.
"Let's try listening."

They both pretended not to care but even a child could see how desperate they were. They both slowly went to her and sat on either sides to listen.

"Mmmm.... I...want...mmmm" she was mumbling.

"Huh? What?" Both the brothers said in unison then eyed eachother awkwardly.

"Mmmmrian.....mmmm..."

"Can this girl not speak clearly!" Ruzhaan mumbled angrily.