Chapter 6

Everything was getting hazy....it felt surreal. Nothing was real. It was just a dream....a terrible nightmare. It will all be over once I wake up. Yeah...just a dream.

Alas! It was all true. Terrifying l true.

My eyes went on the monster. He was still holding the gun standing there like a statue. His eyes were wide and was it fear that I saw in his eyes?
Maybe not! But it was.
The gun dropped from his hand as he frustratingly pulled his hair.
"Damn it!" He growled as I just sat there in shock.

'Help! Someone please help Uzair!!!'
But I couldn't manage to voice it out.

2 men came forward and picked Uzair up releasing him.

"No! Where are you taking him?"
I yelled in a shaky voice gathering myself on my feet desperately but before I could even take a step towards him, I was pulled back by my arm by that man and he was dragging me out with him.

"No! No!..... please.... leave me...let me go to him.... please.... Uzair! Please take him to a hospital.... please.... don't let him die...help him.... punish me instead... but not him." I cried out struggling in his hold.

He grabbed my chin painfully pulling my face to his so that his breath fanned over my face.
"Oh I'll punish you alright. We're getting married." He said through grunted teeth and dragging me to the room locked me in again.

I didn't waste time banging at the door as I ran towards the window. Uzair was being taken somewhere in a car.... unconscious. I kept praying that it should be a hospital.

"Don't worry, they're taking him to a hospital. No matter how much boss hates him...he won't let that boy die."

I turned to the young man behind me. When did he get in? I didn't even hear his footsteps! Anyways, who is he?

"Oh I'm sorry, I'm Taha. Ruzhaan's right hand man and his buddy. I know he looks like a bad guy but he's really soft inside. 1 Mafia boss banna asaan nahi hai. Logo mei apna dar banaye rakhna zaroori hai." He said gently.
(It's not easy being a Mafia boss. It's important to maintain your terror in people.)

"Huh! Soft inside? He's rotten inside out. He's a monster! A man who can even shoot his own Brother, how can he be good in any way?!" I yelled, my blood fuming.

He sighed.
"U cannot see it yet, but I hope you do soon. All I can say that, please don't hate him. He's.... going to be your husband now."

I slapped him but he didn't look shocked.

"Just wear this." A maid brought sone kind of lehenga in, kept it on the bed and left. It was gorgeous... something similar to the one I imagined to wearal as my Uzair's bride...but it wasn't enough to impress me.

"I'll be waiting outside. The bathroom's on your left. Go, freshn'up, fix your pretty face, do your wadhu, wear this and come out. You have 30 minutes."
He just said, but not angrily, he had this softness and a slight guilt in his eyes. He avoided my eyes at all times and then left closing the door behind him.

"I'll never, NEVER WEAR THIS!" I'll never marry that monster!" I screamed throwing the dress on the floor and began stamping on it angrily.

"Oh God! Ouch! Agh!"

Something pierced my skin and blood started covering the fabric. I limped to the bed wincing in pain. The sole of my left foot was covered in blood by now making me dizzy. I laid down curling myself in a ball.

I want to go home... mumma... daddy...

∆∆∆∆
I shot my eyes open to the sharp pain permieting throughout my scalp.