Chapter 31

"Ruzhaan?" I took a step back from his embrace while his arms were still around me.

"Hm?"

"There's someone who needs to take to you. Please listen to him ok?" I said pointing behind at Uzair.

Ruzhaan clenched his jaw.

"Please Ruzhaan...." I blinked at him cutely and he sighed giving up.

"Fine."

I smiled and giving a quick kiss on the cheek, left him to go to his brother.

Third person POV,
"Uzair!"

Uzair flinched at his brother's rough voice and hesitated a bit before turning to him.

"Hey!" He said.

There was an awkward dead silence for a long while until, Uzair saw from a distance as Rahina was cutely gesturing him to initiate conversation. He smiled sadly to himself.

"Everyone.... eventually falls for you huh?"

Ruzhaan followed his brother's sad gaze and his heart clenched seeing his innocence wife smiling at them ... encouraging them to speak.

"At first, she was just a means for me to agitate you, but then... I don't know when she became someone I couldn't even imagine my life without. She changed me....she broke the seal from my heart and opened it up for her. She made me fall in love with her." Ruzhaan said smiling to himself.

Uzair punched his brother on the shoulder startling him.
"You lucky bastard."

Ruzhaan chuckled getting out of his shock and rubbed his shoulder.
"Ow?!" He said like a question.

"I really did love her. Just seeing her in Junaid's wedding, I knew she was the one for me. It was love at first sight. But I guess... I was wrong." Uzair said sighing heavily.

"I'm sorry." Ruzhaan said abruptly dropping Uzair's jaw.

"Whoa! Did you really just apologize to me? Me?!" He said a bit dramatically which was very unlikely of him.

Ruzhaan smiled gently slapping his cheek.
"Drop that overacting. It doesn't suit you Chote."

Uzair looked up at his brother and his eyes teared up at the way he was looking at him. Just like he used to before. There was no hatred or anger in those eyes. Just the brotherly affection and care...just like all those years back.

"Bhai...." His voice broke.
"I'm sorry bhai. Please... forgive me. You tried to save me and I.... I destroyed you.... please bhai.... I'm sorry.... I'm soo sorry bhai...."

Ruzhaan's heart ached too bringing tears in his own eyes as he embraced his brother and they both broke down on eachother's shoulder reminiscing the old good times. How they loved eachother!

"It's over now...stop crying like a girl you cry baby. I forgive you." Ruzhaan patted his back hardly.

He held Uzair by his shoulders as that guy wouldn't stop crying like a baby.
"Taha has already forgiven you too after you helped us save Rahina."

"If only.... I wasn't soo messed up."

"You're not Chote. Everyone of us is a little messed up. Some know how to handle it, some struggle with it, some stand half way at the border of it....some completely lose it. And you my Chote ...have come a long way since then. You've changed too....for the good."