Chapter 16

I arranged the things that Taha asked for and as soon as I heard the car I ran to the door. Taha was bringing Ruzhaan inside with his arm resting on his shoulder while Ruzhaan was half unconscious. My eyes blinded with tears as I saw his shirt completely covered in blood.

"He's ok... don't worry." Taha said assuringly but I couldn't believe him.

Taha laid him on the bed as I had gone all numb seeing his condition.

"Rahina...go bring the kit."

I couldn't hear him.

"Rahina!" He shook my shoulder making me flinch.
"He's ok... I've got him. He'll be ok in a few hours." He assured me in a gentle tone. I shook my head as I was already crying.

He held my shoulders and made me sit beside Ruzhaan on the bed and brought the first aid. He tore open his shirt and I felt dizzy seeing the bleeding long wound at the side of his abdomen.

"It's not deep...just a scratch." Taha said.

Ruzhaan opened his eyes slightly looking at me and gave me a small smile making me cry harder. I was soo scared...he must be in soo much pain.

Please don't die!

Taha began cleaning his wound like an expert as Ruzhaan winced and moaned in pain. I unconsciously held on to his blood covered hand forgetting that his blood was covering my hand too. I sat there praying and saying duas and surahs on him. Taha cleaned all the blood from his torso and arms with the towel and hot water before covering the wound wrapping a gauze around his abdomen.

"Stop crying now sis. He's fine now...he just needs some rest." Taha said patting my head.
"You can go out now."

I shook my head wiping my tears
"I'm not leaving him."

He smiled.
"Alright then, make him drink some water and wash your hands too."

I filled a glass of water and with utmost care and gentleness lifted his head up making him drink. He fell asleep and I went to wash my hands. As the blood covered water began staining the white basin, I shivered at the sight.

Is this how he lives his life? Full of danger and....blood? How did I get caught up in this? How did he get caught up in this?

I couldn't think straight at all. He kept sleeping and I kept sitting beside him all day along with the constant fear that....he might slip away from me any moment. Taha's face and arms were bruised too. When the other men came in....they were the same too. Ruzhaan was the only one who was stabbed, everyone else was ok. Did they all get involved into a nasty fight?

"It was a gang fight. It happens occasionally, nothing to worry about.... it's normal." Taha said soo casually as if it was a normal cough or cold.

"How can you say that soo casually?" I questioned in disbelief.

"Because it's casual for us Rahina...we are Mafias. Getting in such fights to declare dominance is our forte. Although, Ruzhaan being hurt was weird. That guy is pretty much invincible. No one can touch him. Even all the other gang leaders fear him then how did this guy managed to stab him. I swear.... once I get my hands on him I'll....." He said lost in thoughts and anger was evident in his voice and eyes.
"Ruzhaan rebounded quite well though." He said impressed.

∆∆∆∆
I felt a hand carrasing my hair. I opened my eyes... I had fallen asleep sitting on the floor beside him near the bed. It was Ruzhaan's hand... I sat up immediately.

"Are you ok? Do you need anything? Are you in pain? Do you need a painkiller?"

He chuckled weakly.
"No, I'm fine."