Chapter 11

More sad and boring classes went by until lunch time finally arrived. Honestly felt like eternity for Marinette, though, no one's ever lived for eternity, sooooooooooooo, yeah. Long time.

This time, Tim wasn't here to take her to some other random place like all of the other times.

Sometimes, they'd eat in the library, outside, on someone's lawn, private areas, the school rooftop, around the streets, by the gym, in a classroom, and so much more. Including the bathroom. Though, that one was quite unpleasant. But it was a memory to laugh at until death. Mhm.

Marinette waited as usual by some corner knowing Tim wouldn't come. But, it was a habit that she wasn't ready to give up on. So she waited and told herself,' only five minutes '.

And during those minutes, the only person that walked up to her, was Damian.

"Come on".

Marinette just stared at him, unable to move or anything.

" Tt, don't just stand there. I'm demanding you join me out to the courtyard. I'm not going to replace him, but I'll help you deal with it. Luckily he's not dead, but you must understand he won't return. And, your not as annoying as I thought you'd be".

Marinette processed his words and soon nodded. Both walked out the cafeteria and the people around noticed. And, it was almost as if Damian was replacing Tim. Everything seemed normal. Almost as if Tim and Damian, we're the same person.

But to Marinette, she only saw it the way Damian said it'd be. Helping her forget just as Tim wanted it. To both understand neither existed in the first place.

The two walked out into the open space and took a seat on the empty isolated benches.

"This is a good spot. I'd like for us fully, what would the word be, right, acquaint ourselves. If you wouldn't mind. See, that's the only way anything will actually work between us. And if you'd like to find out more about him, you'd have to get it from me. So, am I making myself understandable enough"?

'of course '.

" Good. And, the only reason I'm actually doing this is because he's trying to kill himself. He's not seeing it the way we all are, but we all know that's what he's doing. The moment he accepted to run the Enterprise, he signed his death contract.

Before you, he'd almost never sleep. The only thing that would actually put him to rest would either be falling unconscious, sleeping pills, and hitting a wall the moment he's lost it.

And when you came, he changed. A lot. And, I'm not one to worry about anything nor anyone, but I was seeing progress though I was having a few problems of my own. But YOU, you helped him see an entire new and healthier version of himself. And that was only when he was with you. Or he'd just repeat a few words about you and act like you.

So I want YOU, to let him understand he needs you. Despite the fact that we both know he'll reject knowing he can manage on his own".

'you make him sound as if he's the weakest person alive'.

"Well, we aren't really sure if he even is. It's better to just judge for now anyways. He's killing himself at this very moment with all of father's papers and files".

'you mean your father's '.

" I mean yours. Or as he would put it, ours".

'I'm not understanding you right now'.

"Yesterday, it was confirmed by your mother that my father was actually yours. I'm the b-"

'you're the boy that replaced me'.

"That's me. And, I was actually wondering when all of this would end".

'Well replacement, it's not over until my grandfather decides to end it himself'.

" you still call him your grandfather after he had the audacity to just hurt you"?

'Well, you'd never understand it the way I saw it. Moving on from that, how am I going to help Tim if I can't really do anything'?

"We can always let you meet your biological father. Though I doubt Tim will be present. There are many more meetings being planned and they are all around this month. So there is a high chance you won't see him until next month".

'Well that sure makes me feel better. By then, all I will ever be to him would be just some long forgotten friendship'.

" We can always take drastic measures "?

9:00 P.M.

'are you entirely sure this is safe. It's almost as if you were going to pucnjdjeinsbdkwaldj-'

And down she fell to the CEO's office. Luckily, everyone already left. So great time to break in.

'WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU' !!! Signed an angry short girl, in Damian's opinion.

" You know, nothing. You're the crazy one. Can't believe you actually decided to do that". He smirked.

She flipped him off and walked towards the main desk.

Damian was on top of the roof while Marinette was now inside of the building, entering from the top. Apparently, these things were call emergency escape routes and not emergency break ins.

'you sure there aren't any security cameras or lasers or anything at all'?

"I dunno. Go find out yoursenfjjksixhdbdbhxi"?!

Marinette used the excuse and pulled his rope in as well. They were both tied and one of them was supposed to stay on top to pull the other back, but now, that wasn't the case.

INTRUDER. INTRUDER. INTRUDER. INITIATING LOCKDOWN SEQUENCE IN 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, WAYNE ENTERPRISE IS UNDER LOCKDOWN. PREPARE FOR YOUR HEAD TO COME OFF.

" Well, it was great while it lasted. COME ON"!!!

Damian pulled Marinette and dragged her around the building. All sorts of doors and everything started slowly closing. But the police sirens could be heard. But, they weren't close.

"Come on Marinette, run faster".

Marinette realized she wasn't even running, she was just being dragged away, so she started running, and the one being dragged away was Damian.

" Hmm, guess you can run".

And with that, Marinette made a sharp turn and this caused for Damian to slam into a wall but kept on going.

'wouldn't you like to know '.

"Oh who cares. We must hurry and leave. The police are coming and this whole building is literally shutting down".

And soon, they made it out and kept on running while the police finally arrived to investigate the scene. And after another ten minutes, the two were in the middle of nowhere.

'Well you idiot. Why don't you suit up and take me home. We had one mission and you failed, cause, I didn't do anything'.

" Ugh, stupid brat".

'hey, that's what I call you all the time'! She honestly had to smile for this.

"Then I guess we're both stupid brats". And after he admitted, she hugged him.

Fun facts

I sometimes feel I don't deserve my friend. He goes to school and has his own, but always declines on their requests to hang out. Instead, he chooses me. ME PEOPLE!!! And that makes me feel great.

Did you know I had no phone. My parents don't plan on getting me one until I turn sixteen or so. So I'm on my kindle, courtesy of my Grandmummy. Hehe, my parents would never get me any of this stuff.

And right now, I'm rushing because my kindle is at only 1% so there.