Chapter 17

Marinette quickly got up and left for her bedroom not wanting to return. She packed a lot into her suitcases and quickly bought a plane ticket to Paris France scheduled for tomorrow in the early morning.

But suddenly, she heard knocking on her door.

"Marinette" ? Asked both Damian and Lila.

She didn't answer but quickly hid her suitcases and anything that would be proof to what she's been doing.

The two decided to enter and found her staring out her window.

"Marinette, are you okay"? Asked Lila. That girl's emotions went EVERYWHERE.

Marinette nodded and faced them both. There was something inside of her. Something she felt the moment she saw Tim's gift for Felix. Something that struck on her heart. Almost like a shock. And a very powerful one.

'Damian, how often has Tim actually made it home for dinner'. She asked, wanting to know if he was actually okay.

" Not often. After accepting the job, he's only made it to about five meals. Three for dinner and two for breakfast, but that's it".

'when's the next Wayne gala? I've heard those events are quite big'.

"Probably in about two weeks from today".

Marinette quickly added that to her mental calender and nodded.

'Damian, if you may, I have to exchange a few words with Lila for a moment'.

Damian nodded and left shutting the door.

" So, what are we gonna talk about"?

'Tim, he's practically dying. The last time I saw him, yesterday to be exact, he looked like a twig. His skin paler than ever and his eyes, they almost look white. But the bags under them. I just don't know but I just, he's very important to me. And if I'm the one causing this, then I think I should leave Gotham '.

"WHAT?! NO! You can't do that! You have that boy, Damian I think. He's your friend and he wouldn't want you to go" .

'but it's not about making people sad or happy, it's about saving others. Tim could die any day now. Maybe not, but he obviously can't stand the fact that I entered his life. Think about it this way Lila, what if I were Tim and you were me. My old habits and patterns have completely changed, not good changes but bad ones. What if I was dying and this all happened because of you. What would you do'? Marinette asked looking straight at Lila.

She stayed silent.

'what would you do'.

Lila didn't look at Marinette anymore and decided she'd stare at the floor instead.

'you know you'd go. And that's what I'm doing. It's not going to be the end of the world for you, but staying here, his life will end faster than expected. And I can't have that. He's special. He makes me feel different, but because of these new unexplainable feelings, I can't stay. If he were still fine, I'd stay until I discover what all of these feelings are. But I can't. And I probably won't return'.

"Then why did you ask for the next gala from Damian" ?

'just wanted to make sure I'd have a chance to see you all through a screen'.

"Bu-"

'I'd like to be alone right now. And I hope I don't hurt you'.

Lila sighed but got up and left, closing the door on her way out. She walked back towards the dining hall and found both Felix and Damian talking about weird stuff she didn't want to know about.